Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 YXZ 1000r SS XTR, I am trying to determine to replace my clutch with a another OEM or a Alba Racing kit. Looking for suggestions on which one is better for trail riding.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why are you replacing...burned up? My understanding the stock parts with the Tube Works oil mod is all we need....allot of reading brings me to this conclusion.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
95% that I do is trail riding with the occasional, sand dune, hill climb, mud hole on a factory SS clutch with no mods. 3400 miles with no issues to date. Have a full exhaust and tune for the xtra HPs and better fuel to air mix.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I have a 2020 YXZ 1000r SS XTR, I am trying to determine to replace my clutch with a another OEM or a Alba Racing kit. Looking for suggestions on which one is better for trail riding.
Stock with a tubeworks oil mod add a second diagram spring !

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'd leave it stock, have seen plenty of posts with over 6k and still going strong. I'm almost at 1500 and have no plans of doing anything to it. Have not seen any posts on the 19+ having early clutch issues that weren't self inflicted ;) If you know how to treat your clutch the factory one is all you'll need. .

·
Registered
65 Posts
I upgraded to the Rekluse torque drive clutch. It gets away from the crappy diaphragm spring and goes to a 6 spring clutch (a/o now we have to use the lightest springs provided - which should hold 225+hp, but possible upgrade when a better actuator comes out).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get a rekluse clutch you wont regret it. I love my rekluse :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts