Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all new here and first post. Picked up mine on Wednesday the 27th. Got the SS SE. So far super happy with it, Although I have only put 25 miles on it. Trying to break it in right.

·
Administrator
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey all new here and first post. Picked up mine on Wednesday the 27th. Got the SS SE. So far super happy with it, Although I have only put 25 miles on it. Trying to break it in right.
Welcome. Keep us updated on your thoughts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
picked up my ss se last week put a mile on the pavement around the shop. now its in being built cage, lights, harness's phase one. shortly after phase2 sand tires, stereo, wrap, weller tune and pipe. phase 3 after dune season turbo, seats

·
Registered
5 Posts
First things first, Been a lurker here since the very beginning. Im from southern illinois around carbondale(SIUC probably ring some bells) Just picked up YXZ #2 (2017 SS SE) on Friday last week. I knew the suspension was gonna be awesome, no doubt. However i did doubt the usability of the autoclutch and paddles, at least compared to the raw, real drivers car that we all know the original monster to be. My worries were completely put to rest to say the least, bought this one for my daughter... or i thought i did. I can see where once i get a few things tweaked around this MIGHT be my favorite tool in the shed, for in the woods and tooling around on my 60 acres at least. I will say this, i was offered another yellow 2016 with the base MPI turbo kit installed for 21 and some change otd. paid just a few dollars more than that for the ss So to anyone who thinks theyd like a turbo car over a pusshifter... JUMP ON IT NOW. And order crower or carillo rods before you leave the store with it... My driving style is what you might call abusive, however i was being reasonably easy on my turbo car when 2 inches of the #3 rod did a magic trick and split a glory hole sized opening in the left side of the block, after 3 or 4 hours of searching for said piece of rod, i came to the conclusion that CERN had teleported it to another dimension or maybe hell. going on 4 months since the dealer tore it down and getting majorly jerked around by the regional rep it seems. Someday, hopefully this year, ill have my baby back and will be able to do a back to back comparison and hopefully give some detailed info on the real world ups downs and differences between them. Whether a man were to buy a new SS or last years model turbo'd or n/a... He'll always have his head held high that he didnt buy a RZR (before i start a shit storm, i also own a 14 XP1k lol) put my dasa header and can on it and hooked up the dasa FI box. Its a different car now.. "his names Rocky, And he aint no puppy"

·
Registered
1 Posts
StiAndee what dealer did you buy you're ss from? There was one in a deliver trailer last Thursday at Outlaw Motorsports in Harrisburg ,thought it was mine but we were told it was going to a dealer in missouri.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought a '17 SS SE last week here in Fort Worth, Tx. Got to wheel it twice so far and very pleased. Bent a tie rod already but straightened it then sleeved and Tig welded it until the new assault rods come in.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 72 Posts