Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Forget the clutch - toooo much work unless you race it and need that last 10% advantage. I drove one and just said NO. Drove the SS and just asked where i sign the papers. :unconscious:
Hurricane, UT
do you have the SS SE? If not, blue or orange?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got the cheeeep blue one (I wish it was cheap) hahahaha

Got the normal stuff - Windshield (full fold over) trunk and street legal. Later added the rear window - makes a big difference from the back blast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Orange '17 SS in SE MN here. Had it since October 31. Yes, as soon as my buddy saw it he says " So, you bought the punkin on Halloween!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member and first post. I picked up my 2017 SS SE Black/Blue last week in Oregon. Drove up from California on a burner 30 hour round trip but it was worth it to save 3.5k on price and 2k on sales tax. Had Graves ECU flash and Graves exhaust installed at dealer before I picked up. Traded in RZR for it and so far pretty happy. Haven't had a chance to really open it up yet but looking forward to that day sometime soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
New member here, nice site. Picked up my YXZ red and black SS Se A week ago and so far am impressed. Came from an RZR 900 trail. So far I installed the full Yamaha flip windshield and ordered the R2C air filter for it. My wife's boss who owns A CF Moto UTV relayed A horror story yesterday of another 2017 SS SE owner who blew tranny doing hill climbs. Still under warranty and Yamaha denied repair. It'll cost him $3400 to fix it. I was considering the 4 year Yamaha extended warranty cost $1000. but wonder if its worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 17 red and black ss se here in baton rouge La. Putting my new cage on next week hopefully and supercharge should be in early next month

·
Registered
183 Posts
SS SE in Seattle WA if that counts. Just got it this week. Bye bye RZR hello turbo YXZ (At least once the GYTR kit is released). 90% dunes. Cant wait to get back to St. Anthony. Florence OR this weekend for the break in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Why Super charged over Turbo if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
New Guy

Who's got one and what part of the country are you in?
I bought mine last Wednesday on my way up to Little Sahara Oklahoma. Had the time of my life. I have an XP900 with an XP1000 motor and it was not enough for an ex-banshee drag racer.
Located south of Dallas.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts