Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I need to know is if I want to run lights and a radio and winch and whatever else I want do I have to have a alternator or can I get away with just two batteries Im just asking cuz I don't want a alternator for many reasons LIke I don't want it to interfere with my future upgrades that aren't compatible with one and I don't see it holding up to mud or water good but I'm bad electricity I've been sent threw a wall at a construction site and haven't liked it since lol but any help plz guys thanks boys

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the wattage for what im putting on just in lights is 360 and just need aNY advice or help

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
325 Posts
A lot to unpack here.
I suggest scrolling through the posts on this topic. It's been gone over many times.
1) You may never even use your winch.
2) Radios use wattage transmitting.
3) Lights are on at night.
4) You didn't mention the radiator fan?

Since you asked -
I have (2) pillar lights. (3) baja design lights. PCI radio and intercom. (2) radiator fans. Magellan GPS. Lighted whip.
Running on (1) battery and stock stator.
Never had a problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have:
1. Winch
2. 2 way radio
3. Intercom
4. 2 back up lights
5. Leave my iPad mini plugged in for charging off a USB
6. Heated seats (best $40 ever, man I'm getting old)

All on the stock stator and battery and have not had a problem.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Stock stator puts out 45amps at 4500rpms, so add all your accessories up and see what you can run at the same time .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Thannks boys I have read the other posts people say u do people say u dont need it if you guys are running all that and fine I think I'll be ok I rarely get stuck actually I never have in this or drove at night lol so there won't be much of a draw from them but thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 42 inch light bar on the roof of my car, Three pod lights on the front bumper, one pod light in the rear for an amber light, race radio with an inter com. I ran all of that along with the factory lights on and did not have any issues at all during my last race. My car was also running with the radiator fan on the entire time being that it was about 105 degrees out. I am planning on installing a Parker pumper soon so I may be adding a second battery and an alternator before too long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like I am ok to add 2 cube led lights on my 2020 XTR then! I also want to add a cheap all in one radio on the cage so I can listen to normal volume tunes while relaxing a bit. If that is ok? I will link to the sound bar I want to use

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have rugged 60w radio, 12” light bar, two pod lights, winch, gps, rear view camera, interior lights. I added a fuse box and auxillary battery under drivers seat that i hooked all accessories to, if second battery were to fail is isolated from primary battery.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think battery and charging system needs are dependent on how much night driving you are planning on doing. That's
the only time of constant high current demand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 42 inch light bar on the roof of my car, Three pod lights on the front bumper, one pod light in the rear for an amber light, race radio with an inter com. I ran all of that along with the factory lights on and did not have any issues at all during my last race. My car was also running with the radiator fan on the entire time being that it was about 105 degrees out. I am planning on installing a Parker pumper soon so I may be adding a second battery and an alternator before too long.
Look at other types of Air systems the parker pumper for 2 draws a lot of Amps for air output. This is what I’m running and if I had to do it again I would look for a different air pump motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts