·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to facebook a Yxz driven by Mike Taylor won the OK Goldrush race

OK Gold Rush Racing | Tulsa, OK

Mike P Taylor
Yesterday at 7:43am · Hallett, OK · Edited
2015 goldrush. There were 27 signed up in the 1000 class so we are gonna see how this stock motor and suspension yxz does today against $30k-$40k sxs's.
Like Comment
50 people like this.
Comments
Jason Adams
Jason Adams Let me know
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:44am
Jim Hollerbach
Jim Hollerbach Chad Gira
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 7:57am
David Cross
David Cross Hell all you gotta do is finish to beat half of them. Lol
Like · Reply · 4 · Yesterday at 8:02am · Edited
Chris Workman
Chris Workman Keep us updated
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 8:09am
Shane Storms
Shane Storms Let us all know how you do .
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 8:35am
Charles Butcher
Charles Butcher Good luck
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 9:38am
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor #1. Stock yxz with exhaust. The turbo cars had their own class and I think there was only 1 ahead of me. I had a great time. No clutch problems.
Like · Reply · 7 · Yesterday at 10:10am · Edited
Cody Taylor
Cody Taylor So you won?
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 10:24am
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Yes sir and passed all the turbo cars so that puts 1st in the overall
Unlike · Reply · 2 · 23 hrs
Matthew Shirey
Matthew Shirey Holy shit -
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Total of 27 in the 1000 class and 5 turbos.
Mike P Taylor's photo.
Like · Reply · 1 · 23 hrs
View previous replies
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Endurance morning
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
View more replies
Travis Allen
Travis Allen Actually 27 signed up. Seen some nice carnage!
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Travis Allen
Travis Allen They have results available yet?
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Cody Taylor
Cody Taylor Good job
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Todd Rothermel
Todd Rothermel Nice job !
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Thanks Cody. Results at signup tent
Like · Reply · 23 hrs
Mihai Boo
Mihai Boo Congratulations !! Any videos ..?
Like · Reply · 21 hrs
Shane Storms
Shane Storms Great job man.
Like · Reply · 21 hrs
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Thanks. Yeah I got video but I forgot the start
Like · Reply · 21 hrs · Edited
Rick York
Rick York Great Job!!.....
Like · Reply · 20 hrs
Steve Ryan
Steve Ryan Here are the results for anyone who wants to see them.

Start your engines and be a part of the 20th annual OK Gold Rush. Contact us at (918)902-2414 in Tulsa, OK,…
OKGOLDRUSH.COM
Like · Reply · 2 · 14 hrs
Mark Gromowski Junior
Mark Gromowski Junior Let the takeover begin!!
Like · Reply · 3 · 13 hrs
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor Night race video was the best video footage but was short lived do not having the right lights. I bought some 4x4 LEDs at the track and I just couldn't see far enough ahead. I hit a rock with the right front and it was game over. We tried to plug it and it still leaked. I've had a great time this week end and I will get some videos up the first of the week.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs · Edited
Travis Allen
Travis Allen Can't wait for the videos. GoPro wasn't fully charged enough to run in the endurance so I got nothing...
Like · Reply · 12 hrs
Mike P Taylor
Mike P Taylor My endurance race got some mud right in the middle.
Like · Reply · 12 hrs
Mark Gromowski Junior
Mark Gromowski Junior Someone needs to invent a little windshield wiper for those!^^ lol
Like · Reply · 2 · 12 hrs
Write a comment...

·
Registered
753 Posts
THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME.

I like the sound and shifting gears.... pretty cool.

I hope someone races one of these yxz at baja 1000 coming up .. I think it would do REALLY well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah he drove the wheels off that thing, and his lights were terrible! I can't believe how he smoked everyone on the asphalt section

·
Registered
753 Posts
Does anyone know what the rzr was running (engine / mods) in front of him (yxz) ? That guy pulled away and there was no catching him.

·
Banned
228 Posts
image.jpg the white one that just walked away is for sure a xpt. The only real way to tell is the header, it's a single whereas the the xp1 is a double. Cool race, it sounds like an Indy car. Race like that comes down to who has the biggest balls.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That video is way too short!! I could watch that for hours!

The YXZ is perfect for that course, and that dude can definitely drive
I was watching another one of his vids on youtube... he only knows ONE speed for sure.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
So from the notes I read above, there was a morning class and there was a 900cc class, a 1000cc class and a Turbo class. And the YXZ won overall in the daylight.

Then this Yxz driver had a flat that took him out of the night race while he was in 2nd overall , chasing a Turbo car that was leading.
He also said his car was piped, but I didn't see what kind.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
So from the notes I read above, there was a morning class and there was a 900cc class, a 1000cc class and a Turbo class. And the YXZ won overall in the daylight.

Then this Yxz driver had a flat that took him out of the night race while he was in 2nd overall , chasing a Turbo car that was leading.
He also said his car was piped, but I didn't see what kind.
Full DASA with a Programmer - That top end!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
His lights were barely sufficient 2- 4x4 led cubes, it said on fb that he bought them at the race and threw them on there hoping for the best.

·
Registered
831 Posts
CRAWLR said:
That video is way too short!! I could watch that for hours!
No !!

My side cramped up watching that once he started dancing with the trees.

When it was over, I thought, "Thank God. Now I can get back to work."

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have watched this video several times and I don't see anyone running off and leaving the YXZ other than when they were stuck in traffic. The green/white one that took the lead for awhile was ran down on the first long straight away and passed by the YXZ. They seemed pretty neck and neck after that until the YXZ fell behind in some turns. I don't know, looked pretty competitive to me but that really long stretch at the beginning had the YXZ running down everyone.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have watched this video several times and I don't see anyone running off and leaving the YXZ other than when they were stuck in traffic. The green/white one that took the lead for awhile was ran down on the first long straight away and passed by the YXZ. They seemed pretty neck and neck after that until the YXZ fell behind in some turns. I don't know, looked pretty competitive to me but that really long stretch at the beginning had the YXZ running down everyone.
It won't be long until we start seeing oversized valves, flowed heads, cams, high compressions pistons, etc. become available. The racing future for the YXZ is looking good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This was with just an exhaust and controller. It won't be long until we start seeing oversized valves, flowed heads, cams, high compressions pistons, etc. become available. The racing future for the YXZ is looking good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts