Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 2019 YXZ or newer soon. I have a KRX now and thinking of switching over. Been reading the page now for couple days and looks like a lot of good info on Yamaha. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,075 Posts
Welcome, what type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Keep the KRX unless you want to put A YXZ sand car together, lots of $$$ though because stock there nothing special. YXZ will never be the trail rig or compare to the tougher and much plusher suspension of the KRX. KRX is a GOOD rig with outstanding suspension.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nothing beats shifting, nothing...

I haven't really touched my Razor since I bought my Yxz, I think SxS's are boring enough, but being able to shift in a car that feels and rides like a rally car makes it better :) If you find the drone of the cvt all day long boring the Yxz will be a pleasant change.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
We now have both. The YXZ had a break down so we bought a KRX. In no way was my wife willing to part with the YXZ no matter what after all i put into making it an awesome beast and the best ride ever on my back. Now that i fixed and have put on almost 600 miles since repair i know why i love the YXZ for the shifting. But the KRX is a beast in the mountains and climbing tight trails.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nothing beats shifting, nothing...

I haven't really touched my Razor since I bought my Yxz, I think SxS's are boring enough, but being able to shift in a car that feels and rides like a rally car makes it better :) If you find the drone of the cvt all day long boring the Yxz will be a pleasant change.
Amen to shifting! The buddy of mine used to tell me that shifting a high performance car was similar to golf in his mind, you're always in search of the perfect hit, and syncing that gear like never before. Hard to do with a CVT unless you're pretending to drive a postal truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts