Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the clutch issue is a problem that has to get fixed, but I haven't heard of many other problems. No frame problems or tie rods or broken axles. I think this machine is gonna be awesome. This clutch issue will get fixed and these will be a very good platform to build on.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm not worried about the clutch, i have full faith that the aftermarket will come up with a bombproof clutch for these things
I agree there will most likely be a HD clutch kit coming out.
How many other SxS have had clutch issue that get resolved? All of them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree in that I don't have the slightest worry. Clutches are very upgradeable. I do not think we will need it tho, at least until some serious hp.

·
Banned
228 Posts
From bulletproof to bombproof. Hmm, I guess if you bought this to get away from clutch issues then you'd be very disappointed. I'm sure it's the best machine ever built tho.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am sure Yamaha will get this fixed n yes aftermarket will also jump in too just like they do for all the other makes n models. n its true u do not hear of any other problems with them. This clutch problem should be n easy fix.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm no on the clutch issue bandwagon quite yet. Still leaning towards driver error...
I would tend to agree with that assumption.
I think dealers should not assume every customer understands how these need to be driven.
We had a few people come out and try our YXZ a couple weeks ago and one guy got in to third and just held it to the floor bouncing off the rev limiter around the entire track. We waved him in and asked him WTH and his response was "that was so cool". Needless to say he never drove it again.
I know every manufacturer has an acceptable failure rate, and it's possible there is the odd one, but driver error is responsible for most.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I certainly believe it should take some time to learn this specific machine. Smoking a clutch is similar to burning a belt the first time when we were not sure how much punishment the CVT belts could take. Hopefully as drivers get more aware of this and get more seat time this will hopefully fade away. It is weird that some monster hp machines have not had a clutch issue and yet some stockers have.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'm still leaning towards a faulty batch of something in there. These failures are coming at very low miles. I am sure some people can tear up an anvil, but some of the guys who posted about their failures did not sound stupid, or in-experienced.

And, one guy has rented his machine out for almost a 1000 miles with no issues. Surely not everyone of those people renting this machine were experienced drivers of utvs. Other words, one bad driver could burn that clutch out in one half day renting session.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts