Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name's Steve!
I've been racing motorcycles most of my life and haven't had too much interest in the giant golfcarts I'd occasionally see around the tracks growing up. I have to say, I thought they were a little silly around 7 years ago when I was always down at my suspension mechanics shop and saw rhinos being rolled in and out with 10k+ worth of suspension installed. Polaris made some amazing strides and caught my attention over the last few years but it never quite hit home. Having ridden in and driven one though, I was pretty impressed. Even If I were to tackle the job myself, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to build something to compete for the price. Fast forward to now, Yamaha entering the market with something more suited to my tastes in engine and transmission tipped me over the edge.

So here I am! Owner of a new YXZ and joining the forum! ... And strangely enough, I just realized that my member number is also my area code.. fancy!

-ST

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations, I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the machine!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations Steve! ....... Brap :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
welcome to the addiction

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Greetings, Steve!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Exactly the same for me. I've liked the idea of a SXS (and wanted one) since 2010 but could never bring myself to pull the trigger. Part of it was the price tag (which I have obviously came to grips with) and part was the machine. I was really close to getting a 14 Wildcat X but I was worried about getting what I needed out of it (the thrill).

Anyway, congrats sir!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts