Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Newt, where are you riding your YXZ on the beach in Corpus?
Malaquite Beach 4 wheel drive area. I haven't yet done it with my YXZ. I've ridden it many years ago with a Yamaha 200 cc, two cylinder, two stroke road bike that i had from the 70's. Was a blast.

But i'm wondering if i would get busted because the YXZ is not road legal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You can reach in with the wheels turned and get in there to spray. Look in from the wheels and you'll see what I mean.
yes, I know what you mean and that's what I've done so far.

But seems like with the hand hose sprayer, was difficult to get it washed well on the far side of the radiator. Couldn't quite reach it very well. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Go to your favorite big box lumber store, and get some rubber pipe insulation. Cover up as much of the coolant lines as you can. I also cut a 6” hole in the plastic so the hot air has somewhere to go when the fan comes on.

Made a huge difference in the heat. The tunnel still gets warm, but it stays cool enough that I can rest my leg on it comfortably. No issues with engine temps either.
..what a great idea with the black insulation hose! When you said you cut a 6" hole, where did u cut it at?

This hot leg crap hasto go... especially down here!

·
Registered
70 Posts
For the insulation, get the rubbery stuff, and not the foamy stuff. It is more flexible to make the bends.

The hole was kinda rectangular. If you have your driver’s interior side piece off, you will see an area up forward a little bit right in the center. It just jumps out as a good place to make a hole. Directly below the shifter, and about 4-6” forward from there. There is a brake line (I think) that goes across. I started the hole just forward of that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
But is it difficult to put on? I’m figuring out how to remove all that wonderful plastic body pieces, to do any kind of maintenance whatsoever. Not fun
All i removed was the passenger side panel with 3 bolts so i could fit it and drill the holes i used to zip tie it in. my thought was if it was to plug or ripe i can remove it with ease.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
For the insulation, get the rubbery stuff, and not the foamy stuff. It is more flexible to make the bends.

The hole was kinda rectangular. If you have your driver’s interior side piece off, you will see an area up forward a little bit right in the center. It just jumps out as a good place to make a hole. Directly below the shifter, and about 4-6” forward from there. There is a brake line (I think) that goes across. I started the hole just forward of that.
i'm sorry, still trying to understand the location of the hole. sounds like the hole is on the drivers right side. Doesn't it funnel the hot radiator air onto the drivers legs?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i'm sorry, still trying to understand the location of the hole. sounds like the hole is on the drivers right side. Doesn't it funnel the hot radiator air onto the drivers legs?
No problem. Happy to help.

The hole is directly in the center line of the machine, not off to either side. Just forward of the shifter. You have to have the driver’s inner panel off to cut the hole. Or better yet, mark it, then remove the undershield piece and cut the hole. Cannot cut if from underneath because there is a brake like right there you will likely cut through.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts