Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me preface this by saying I know how most people feel about packard...Really just curious if anyone here has one and how they like it ect. It seems pretty easy to find info about every other turbo kit out there except this one. I Just want to satisfy my curiosity really no plans to purchase from them

I hope everyone has a great new years
Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Packard's a fairy tale fantasy. I'm sure it's the best turbo ever unavailable to the market. 10x better than any other kit on the market ?. You have to go hang out in Utah and join the Church to get one. In house builds only.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If your looking for a turbo kit go with K&T performance or Weller Racing those guys actually answer you back I to have a Packard S/c but just switched to K&T turbo kit

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Packard's a fairy tale fantasy. I'm sure it's the best turbo ever unavailable to the market. 10x better than any other kit on the market ��. You have to go hang out in Utah and join the Church to get one. In house builds only.
Hey it’s shiny though lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your looking for a turbo kit go with K&T performance or Weller Racing those guys actually answer you back I to have a Packard S/c but just switched to K&T turbo kit

Was mainly just looking for user feedback on it just out of curiosity. I actually have the GYTR turbo on order right now should be here first week of the new year :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put my packard kit on last august. Not in house built. The power it puts out is amazing. Lot of learning I had to do when it came to tuning and what parts will hold the power. There wasnt a clutch kit that would hold the power at 16+ psi. Had to install a lockout and that solved my clutch problems. Fit and finish is great but very easy to ruin the oring system if not put on properly. Would say more complicated than it should be when it comes to intake plenum setup. Main problem is tune when I first got it. A lot different environment here in az vs utah. Turbo is huge so build boost around 5500. Have yet put it in a dyno just self tuning in glamis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts