Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a new 21 YXZ 3 Pedal.
Planning on a mild tune and exhaust to bump up HP.
What paddles do you suggest? There are lots of options out there and it’s making my head spin!
Thanks for your input.
Chris

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
I have a 2019 SS SE with a Graves full exhaust and tune and Alba spacer. I run Sancraft 31X11X15 9 paddles in the rear and 31X10X15 mohawks in the front. It pulls them very well from bottom to top with no hesitation or bogging at all. I would consider them the perfect size for my mods and car. I run method non-beadlocks 7X15 with 5X2 offset in the front and 10X15 5X5 offset in the back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The paddle thing is always so subjective, and depends on your ride style and dunes, but...

Most people find if you want to feel like you are running on rails, go with the SS360(probably non-HP for non-turbo) and run in 4wd.

I know a guy who swears by overpaddling and STUs, because he's interested in maximum holeshot/treeshot umph.

I got 32" Skat Talon 10 paddles rear, and smooth buff fronts on my 2021, inflated to 15 PSI, and its oversteer city, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I feel like I'm in a rally car even though I'm in super soft sand, and if I need to make a turn in a tight trail, I just drop a gear, hammer down, and turn the wheel slightly. I can do pretty tight doughnuts on the rev limiter in 1st too which is an absolute blast. Skat said 32s wouldn't pull 5th gear without a turbo, and they are probably right. I have a turbo, but haven't found a place to test 5th gear pulls yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I full on agree with alll of the above. ^^^^.

My car is NA and pulls 5th fine by me… for now.
I have done some top speed pulls a few times and saw 72mph. Which isn’t crazy fast at all in comparison to a turbo cars capabilities. But it does lead me to a question I’ll throw out. On 32” tires how far off is the speedometer? Where and how is it finding that information? On my yota if I went up 3” from stock my speedo might me off 7mph at 72mph putting my true speed at 79mph. And IF that’s the case 72mph seems definitely fine for a my NA YXZ.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I full on agree with alll of the above. ^^^^.

My car is NA and pulls 5th fine by me… for now.
I have done some top speed pulls a few times and saw 72mph. Which isn’t crazy fast at all in comparison to a turbo cars capabilities. But it does lead me to a question I’ll throw out. On 32” tires how far off is the speedometer? Where and how is it finding that information? On my yota if I went up 3” from stock my speedo might me off 7mph at 72mph putting my true speed at 79mph. And IF that’s the case 72mph seems definitely fine for a my NA YXZ.
The percent off on speedo math is pretty easy, it's just new tire size divided by old tire size times speed, or drop the leading one and that's the percent off you are. 32 new / 29 old = 1.10, or 10 percent.

Somewhere on here there's a gearing/speed table, then multiply by the percent increase, to find the speed in each gear. I'm hoping someday to get to 100mph at 10500 rpm in 5th gear on the paddles.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the info. It’s confirmation my old Yota memory is still valid of sorts.. if I’m seeing 72mph my actual is up 7.2mph and I’m rolling alright somewheres close to 80mph. The “wife-o-meter” starts chirping bout that time so I let out.
I would imagine your roll on up to 100mph will be amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts