Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a stock 2020 ss it has the factory 29’s but looking at 28’ paddles? kinda cheap ones on Amazon, probably heavy, I think the paddles are 3/4 inch
any advise? Waste of $$?, whole package was $899 with bead lock wheels

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
For a stock 2020 ss it has the factory 29’s but looking at 28’ paddles? kinda cheap ones on Amazon, probably heavy, I think the paddles are 3/4 inch

thanks in advance
I think the 28s would work well with the 19 gearing. I run the 30s with 70/30 gearing and think there is times I would like more spin in the dunes.

From what I know the CST Sand Blast and Tusk Sand Lites are the lightest molded paddles that are pretty cheap comparatively to Skats or Sandcrafts. I run the CSTs.

·
Registered
3 Posts

thanks in advance
I have a 2019, and I am running 29’s // front Stu tributes and rear sys 3 ds340. Did good at Glamis. Kept up with RZR’s n Can-Am, and rails on dune runs. Non turbo.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
64 Posts
I ran Tusk Sand Lites in a 28" on 14" HiPer wheels on my '16 with stock gearing. I am NA with a pipe and tune and I wanted a taller tire or maybe a slightly taller paddle.

So Cal so I'd guess Glamis area - if I had the gearing of the '19+ models, I'd try the 29" tires or 30" - Sand Lite were cheap and solid for me. They have short paddles but a lot so they do pretty well when at speed but don't expect to win drag races.. Molded can get heavy, rob you of power - how many ply, etc..

I bet you can find a ton locally, OfferUp, Craigslist, etc... What was the package on Amazon? Do a YouTube search on the tire before pulling the trigger - you'll get some real life vids of them in action. Not all vids are great, lots of hold my beer and watch this moments, but helpful..

I was out at Glamis over xmas and can tell you how the Sand Lite was - I ran it through it's paces for sure.. I think I was also running about 7 psi..

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
64 Posts
Here are my wieghts:
  • Front:
    • 32.6 lbs ea
      • Hiper Raptor Beadlocks (14x8): 14 lbs
      • 28" Tusk Sand Lite (28x10x14) for front: 18.6 lbs
  • Rear:
    • 42.6 lbs ea
      • Hiper Raptor Beadlocks (14x10): 18.4 lbs
      • 28" Tusk Sand Lite (28x12x14) for rear: 24.2 lbs
My 30" KM3 BFG's on 14x7 DWT Sector Beadlocks are heavier than my paddle combo though - I am close to 54 lbs each with those.

The bead locks add weight to the wheel but I can get away with airing down and not popping a bead.. Going from 45 to 31 lbs will be good for reducing the rotating mass, post up what you think as well as the specs. I run 30's daily - I now want a taller tire with different paddle profile or count, the Tusks were a stop gap for a trip to Glamis over xmas. I will keep the Hiper wheels and just keep an eye out for a deal on paddles - looks like you got one..

·
Registered
557 Posts
I run 6 pound on stock bighorns with no beadlocks in the sand and have never had a problem. I have some 31X11-15 Sandcraft extremes on Method non beadlock wheels and will be running 5 pounds in them. I haven't got to run them yet, but I will at the end of the month, so I"ll let you know how it goes, but I don't expect to have a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts