Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow lunatics- Happy to report I got my hands on a YXZ yesterday. Haven't ridden it much at all because of my current schedule. My first big trip will be to pre run the Baja 1000 on Oct 17th. First I have to throw about $5K more at this beauty to get it ready.

I can't say enough about the fit, finish and quality looking parts Yamaha used. Love the ergonomics. I'm 6'8" and fit well. Even in the passenger seat with the Oshit bar still in.

I switched from a Polaris Rzr XP1K hoping for better reliability. We take 600 to 2400 mile long expeditions through the backcountry of Baja and the Rzr broke down on 6 trips in a row! To make things fair I do drive very hard. Not to the point of abuse but right up against it. But my Polaris 800 4 seat and my Polaris 850 quad have been largely trouble free.

I'm hoping this Yamaha will withstand what the Baja throws at it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
A pre run trip would be an Excellent trip! What all are you planning on adding ?

Like extra fuel cell? Long travel ? Spare tire carrier? Etc?

·
Registered
762 Posts
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!! HOPE lT DON'T DISAPPOINTS YOU.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's going to need a GPS, car to car radio, 2 four gallon flat Rotopax fuel cells, spare tire and mount, cargo box, different tires and 15" beadlocks, wind deflector, led light bar, upgraded alternator with spare battery, extended fenders, on board air compressor, tools, jack, etc, side and rearview mirrors, electrical rocker panel, new seat belts, rekluse clutch, and air pumper. I may keep the seats but see about a stronger cage.

I also want to wrap that console and hood with maybe carbon fiber or matte black. There is too much white.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts