Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
201 - 220 of 224 Posts

· Registered
1,252 Posts
This is about as good as it gets with wind blowing at around 25+ mph and below zero out everything now on jack stands and winterized for a bit 🥶🥶🥶🥶🥶
🥶. And with neighbors quad motor done and gone shop without power and insulation yet is an ice box unless i fire up propane heater and by then i am froze. Looking forward to spring riding. At least everything is indoors.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

· Registered
429 Posts
I'm always impressed with the original 8 ply big horns. They hold up good in all terrains. If you ever get a chance to feel the difference of a 6 vs 8 ply off the rim, do it. It'll keep you on 8 plys... There are some 10 ply out there..(not big horns)

· Registered
149 Posts
I'm always impressed with the original 8 ply big horns. They hold up good in all terrains. If you ever get a chance to feel the difference of a 6 vs 8 ply off the rim, do it. It'll keep you on 8 plys... There are some 10 ply out there..(not big horns)
I have never been impressed with Big Horns. Worst tire I have ever owned. They don’t really do well at anything besides tread wear. They are ok. But any machine I buy that has them gets new tires right away.

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,192 Posts
Personally, I like the Bighorns. They do wear fast and the 6plys were prone to punchers, but since they went to 8plays on the 29s I have found them to be very durable. They are a decent all-around tire. They are light and well-mannered at high speed. Also if you buy take-offs they are cheap. My next set will be the 30s off a Can-am as they are also 8plys.

201 - 220 of 224 Posts