Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did you think of the riding there? I’m only about 3 hours north of there and a friend and I keep talking of slipping down there some weekend for some riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have only been out there one time because I just got my YXZ. The area of Mark Twain that we went to is southwest of Potosi. There are a lot of trails and forest service roads to ride there. Nothing was too extreme. I will definitely be back. There were several others out riding that day. You are supposed to have a Washington County permit for the roads (for the area we were at). I have heard that they don’t check, but they are only $10 for a year. Mark Twain is huge and covers several counties.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have only been out there one time because I just got my YXZ. The area of Mark Twain that we went to is southwest of Potosi. There are a lot of trails and forest service roads to ride there. Nothing was too extreme. I will definitely be back. There were several others out riding that day. You are supposed to have a Washington County permit for the roads (for the area we were at). I have heard that they don’t check, but they are only $10 for a year. Mark Twain is huge and covers several counties.
Yeah definitely some variation of the terrain here or there it’s so large but I was just curious what your first impression was! Great sight seeing terrain but not as much challenge!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
723 Posts
Box canyon near Tiger Mine Rd near Oracle, AZ.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Went up with my youngest grandson today and had a blast. Got a few inches of snow added and we got to be the first ones to tear it up. Got to love riding during the week :)

DSCN8106.JPG
DSCN8111.JPG
DSCN8112.JPG
DSCN8116.JPG

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
A small part of where we ride is BLM, some of it is owned by logging companies but when the Forest service sold the land to them they kept the right of ways on all the roads. The majority is Forest service. In the Umpqua National Forest where we ride they say there are almost 4,000 miles of roads open to off road vehicles. We ride all day and most of the time never see another person or ride the same road twice.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
What a perfect winter day today was. Beautiful sun all day, a couple inches of added snow. Spent half in the dirt and half in the snow. Went a little too high where the snow was deep and almost buried it a couple of times :eek:

DSCN8130.JPG
DSCN8123.JPG
DSCN8120.JPG
DSCN8136.JPG
DSCN8138.JPG

41 - 60 of 97 Posts