Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Pissed just the principle of it ? read Yamaha!!!!

10K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Centurion 
#1 ·
Ok worked all week got my yxz all ready so did my brother we went to ride and didn't get any of the knarley rock or hill climbs in because I pinched a sidewall on a rock at about 50 mph ...
My fault ........ BUT....
But hurt time !!!! Anyone priced a tire ??!
I am a sponsored Moto/woods rider for local Yama shop and I buy at 10% over cost...
I can buy 4!!!! 28in maxis big horn 2.0 tires for 540$. My cost ....for 2. 28x9 and 2 28x11. 4 total tires !!
Only place you can get the 27 2.0 is from Yamaha..... See where this is going ??
1 27x9 big horn from Yama is .... Drum roll.... 315$ !!!!!!! Fuck me
My cost is 215$$$&. Holy crap what are they smoking !!!!!
I can get 4. For not mucho re than they want for 1!!! Just stupid that is high way robbery
I love love love my machine and we will try again sat hope I Can make it longer than a hr this time ...
I hop Yama reads this because that just stupid. I can get a 28 in in same tire for 130$ and they want 300$ for smaller size of exact same tire.
Any ways I ordered 27x9..11 roctanes. 8 ply
And just so you all know.
I was runnin t 9 psi all way around which is about right
If your going to haul ass I woudnt go less than 13 in front and 11 rear going to tube my big horn till others get here. Pass on the info ???

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow that's crazy and sorry to hear about your bad luck. I think it is sad to pay 20k on a machine to get sub par tires on it IMO! It would be nice for a manufacturer to figure out that 4 ply off road tires are a joke and they should put something better on these machines.

#3 ·
Yamaha replacement parts have always been extremely expensive. Last summer I got a replacement lid (8x12 cheap piece plastic) for my jet ski and when I picked it up from dealer I was shocked it was over $42 ... it should have been a $12 piece of plastic.

#10 ·
Man, you should have looked on the for sale forums here. There are a couple of us selling the big horns on there.

I have all (4) with 2 miles on them listed for 400 bucks.

I too went with a GBC 8 -ply. I am trying their Grim Reapers this time around too.

Rocktanes are a great tire too! A lot of people swear by them

#13 ·
I have raced and worked around /in the industry for years. One day about 10 years ago I was bored (I was parts manager at a large Yama shop) and couldn't believe the mark up on some stuff...... So I took the most inexpensive thing I could ... A blaster ... Which retailed for I think at the time around 4k new ..... We added up ever but and bolt if you bought it piece by piece from Yama and it totaled up to like 9500$. Lol. That's is the truth. We all about shit. Lol. I'm gona get roctanes They make a 8 ply 27 in 9 and 11 I ran them in my cat and loved them and never had a flat. I like the litbulls also but there so dam high. Lol.

#16 ·
No lol it's a 27 in big horn 2.0. Not a special heavy duty version it's same exact tire. Just a 27 in. You can buy 26s and 28s. Which my cost I can get for 110$ a piece. Retail on 27 from Yama is 305$ my cost is 215$. That is over 50% markup. They should bd ashamed of themselves. I'm putting rocktanes on any ways. But like I said it's the principals of it ..

#22 ·
Guys, after reading these post about Yamaha tire prices, I must remind you that it is like this with all brands and all prices. Replacement axle for my maverick run around $410 through dealership, but I can get aftermarket axles from either S3 or CATVOS for around $210. Parts guys from the stealer-ship stated that these are BRP axles and tough as ever. Well they would have been tough as ever on my back pocket, but wisdom said go with the aftermarket axles. Btw, so far, the after market axles have held up better than stock and so much cheaper.. jmho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.