Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. I went to get my shocks revalved by Shock Therapy, when they received the box there were only 3 shocks and the box was damaged. The UPS location I shipped them out of are acting like complete ASSHOLES to me and are acting like it was my fault. Mind you I paid almost 300 BUCKS for shipping, insurance and for them to package the shocks. I don't know how long it'll take for them to reimburse me (but I know they will, I won't get off their ass until I'm reimbursed), but I need a right rear shock. I have a 2017 SS SE with the dual rate springs. I looked online and apparently Yamaha doesn't make these anymore and they're completely out of stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if anyone has any leads on where to find one that would be great. Part number is 2HC-F220T-A0-00

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,151 Posts
Which shock are they X2s or RC2s?

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,151 Posts
Yeah, there were a lot fewer built with those. You see some come up used every once in a while. I would check with Alen Anderson if anyone can come up with one he can.

· Registered
1,076 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, there were a lot fewer built with those. You see some come up used every once in a while. I would check with Alen Anderson if anyone can come up with one he can.
I called Alan Anderson and he said good luck finding a new one since Yamaha discontinued manufacturing them. Best bet is used but as far as what I can tell there's nothing out there.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So Alen Anderson called me back and said I can get a full set of used 2019 RC2 shocks, revalved and resprung by Weller specifically for my Fireball long travel and desert style of riding for 2,800 and some change out the door. But my question is do the RC2's fit on a 2017? Mine came with the X2 dual rates

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes. They are interchangeable

Reactions: Fgjjvaladez

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As of now I am looking at a set of used 2019 RC2 single spring shocks from a totaled YXZ from Alen Anderson in Oregon, they are going to send it to Weller and get a full service, revalve and dual rates. If UPS doesn't call me back in a week saying they found my shock then I am going to pull the trigger and UPS will reimburse me for my X2 shocks. Thanks to @leadmic and @Whatuhunit for giving me info on Alen Anderson. He's a very knowledgeable guy and if I don't go through with this order, I now have someone to call with any questions regarding these cars.

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,151 Posts
You may find the RC2s better than the X2s if you have them revealed and resprung. The X2s are an internal bypass shock which is good in stock form. They also have one more adjustment (4 total) than the RC2s (3 total) which is also good. The bad with the X2 is they are not a true 2.5" shock like the RC2. The X2 uses a 2.5" body but they are sleeved with a 2" cylinder inside to allow oil to bypass around the 2" piston bore. Also, it's very tricky to get the X2 valved properly as the internal bypass ports come into play when you are trying to get the valving right.

Reactions: Fgjjvaladez

· Registered
60 Posts
As of now I am looking at a set of used 2019 RC2 single spring shocks from a totaled YXZ from Alen Anderson in Oregon, they are going to send it to Weller and get a full service, revalve and dual rates. If UPS doesn't call me back in a week saying they found my shock then I am going to pull the trigger and UPS will reimburse me for my X2 shocks. Thanks to @leadmic and @Whatuhunit for giving me info on Alen Anderson. He's a very knowledgeable guy and if I don't go through with this order, I now have someone to call with any questions regarding these cars.
I Hear weller is much better than shock therapy. shock therapy dont like yxz.
BTW alan is the man. real nice guy been to his shop. Casey Hauck also real nice guy to deal with if you need any engine stuff. just depends who your closer to. Casey is in Ohio i believe

· Registered
113 Posts
Long story short. I went to get my shocks revalved by Shock Therapy, when they received the box there were only 3 shocks and the box was damaged. The UPS location I shipped them out of are acting like complete ASSHOLES to me and are acting like it was my fault. Mind you I paid almost 300 BUCKS for shipping, insurance and for them to package the shocks. I don't know how long it'll take for them to reimburse me (but I know they will, I won't get off their ass until I'm reimbursed), but I need a right rear shock. I have a 2017 SS SE with the dual rate springs. I looked online and apparently Yamaha doesn't make these anymore and they're completely out of stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if anyone has any leads on where to find one that would be great. Part number is 2HC-F220T-A0-00
I know it doesn’t help much but I have a complete set of 2016 RC2 with FOX dual rate spring kit stock valving I am in Southern California

1 - 17 of 17 Posts