Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
17 SS with stock arms, Weller KOH and Pac springs. Riding area is Oregon Dunes.

Current front settings
No front sway bar
HSC: all the way open
LSC: all the way open
Rebound: 13 clicks in from all the way open.

Rear settings:
Eibach sway bar on the soft setting.
HSC: 3/4 turn in from open
LSC: all the way open
Rebound: 10 clicks in

Currently when going over 60-65mph on the dunes, the front end will feel a bit uneasy. Eventually I'll start messing with the front adjustments. I've had the HSC/LSC turned about half way in and this current setup works much better for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2016 - Wife and I just trail ride - El Mirage , Johnson Valley. Don't race.
Eibach springs front and rear.
Stock arms F/R
No front sway bar.
Changed all shock oil to light weight Fox blue oil.
Rear Shocks
Std. Fox 50 / 50 valving. Added a .small .8 dia. x 010 shim just above 1st large compression shim
Preload - 5" to top of bottom ring measured to where shock body enters the aluminum part
Crossover - 9" from bottom of lower crossover to where shock body enters the aluminum part.
LSC 1/2 turn out from fully closed
HSC full open
Rebound - full open
Today was first trip out with these settings. Very close to how I want it. Previous owner had way too many large shims on both comp and rebound. At least 5 per stack. Rear always felt dead. Today it was actually cycling up and down.

Front Shocks
Std. Fox 30/ 45 valving. Did not have enough shims to make rebound closer to 45. Way too quick . Got it to top out a few times Going to change to 45 this week.
Preload - 5.5" to top of bottom ring measured to where shock body enters the aluminum part
Crossover - 7 5/8" from bottom of lower crossover to where shock body enters the aluminum part.
LSC full open
HSC full open
Rebound - full closed
All shocks pressurized to 50 psi.
From what I started with - this is a major change in the right direction. for us. This is by no way a race type setup. I was looking for smoothness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to me ‘17 SS SE here. Stock Fox X2.

Bought it last weekend and went straight to the trails. Previous owner had EVERYTHING set to super soft. Lots of bottoming out and body roll.

Did a bunch of test and tune last couple of days.
Here is what I settled on…

Front
Preload Max
Crossover stock middle set
Low speed both 3 turns out
High speed 2 turns out

Rear
Preload Max
Crossover stock middle set
Low speed both 1 turn out
High speed both 1 turn out

I’m sure I’ll make some changes again once I do my gear reduction and 30” tires. But for now, this setup is pretty comfortable and handles really well for me.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I will have to report on settings or ask after rebuild. Weller racing revalved and installed KOH spring set for my riding preference, now the smoothest and most responsive that my suspension has ever been, what i always expected it to be like.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My exact feeling after Weller valving and springs. Best ride ever!
You are soooooooo wright weller did my shocks and set it up for my ridding and weight works so good have not touch them.My buddy and I had Weller do the shocks when we there in March for the turbo install.James the service manger set the shccks up and made all the setting I don't know the setting only that it is soooooooooooo good.Not touching anything.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts