Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys go easy on me as I am entering into an area where i know little about. After my engine blow out I feel like the open loop engine of the YXZ is part of the issue that caused my engine failure (still a mystery) so my thought is that installing a closed loop system controller might allow me to ride at sea level or high in the rockies.

My question is will switching to a Power commander, Motec or Dobeck system provide any benefit to the YXZ boosted engine?

Any fist hand knowledge or info on either or both systems will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
i'm treading on an area i know a little about... unless you have a broadband oxy sensor on your exhaust, your not really using a closed loop system. I've used the Power Commanders systems on my motorcycles for years.. they are good and you can call them direct with tech questions. don't have any experience with Motec or Dobeck. What kind of engine failure did you have?... year / hours

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm treading on an area i know a little about... unless you have a broadband oxy sensor on your exhaust, your not really using a closed loop system. I've used the Power Commanders systems on my motorcycles for years.. they are good and you can call them direct with tech questions. don't have any experience with Motec or Dobeck. What kind of engine failure did you have?... year / hours
2019 YXZ R SE
1900 miles
GYTR Turbo
threw a rod through the case
I feel like it was elevation related as it happened at St Anthony's and i normally ride at or near sea level.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, you can easily go the PC5/Autotune route and supplement fueling where needed using a pressure based map.

I do the very same thing over the top of a flashed ECU, and run 20psi with no issues.
I primarily ride the Oregon dunes (sea-level), and then when we made a trip to St. A’s I just recalibrated the PC5 for the loss of inherent atmospheric pressure @ 5k elevation, and my tune still worked perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts