Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow,
To be honest, I am still a little surprised by this. But, I guess in all reality it shows the Big guys over at Polaris know the Yamaha will be a huge dent in their sales. Guess there have been orders abroad to stifle the info as much as possible.

So, on to my little finding.

A guy started a topic over on the XPT forum. Which I have been reading a bunch too because I am sure anyone familiar with my postings here or there know I have been trying to decide between the XPT and YXZ. I actually started my little journey for another car (to replace one of my xp900s) with 4 in mind. YXZ, Xpt, Xds, and even the S1000. I quickly eliminated the S1000 for now because price wise I can just get another xp1k car for very similar. After doing diligent price shopping I eliminated the Xds. Simply because I could not find them anywhere near what some guys were buying them for (17k) I dont mind to travel for savings either, but In all fairness there I was just having a hard time finding near as many dealers.

So, I am almost (at least 90%) sure I am going to give the YXZ a try... mainly because we have had (9) polaris cars in the last 5 years.

This Ops topic was (Any regrets from Turbo buyers) After about two pages of Nope, "I'm the happiest buyer in the world" He chimmed in (the op, not me) and said he had been considering either the xpt or the YXZ and said one of the main reasons he was leaning towards the Rzr was they were so close in price. Of course, there was a few YXZ put down posts quickly added, and then him and I talked for 3 or for replys back and forth about the prices I have found, and where at. (YXZ SE is 3700 less than Xpt) And we also talked about other things like slow drag speeds of the yamaha, over heating issues of the turbo, etc.

Well, I didnt go back to the topic for at least a day, but when I did I quickly found out ALL of the Yxz post not bashing it were deleted. Now think about that for a few seconds. ALL EXCEPT THE ONES BASHING THE YXZ WERE DELETED. No member bashing was happening, no Rzr product bashing was happening. Not only was my posts deleted, but other people who had chimed in to say anything other than how much the YXZ sucks were deleted. Even the Op's own comments about the YXZ were deleted.

AND, I was issued a warning by private email NOT to "stray off topic". So when I posted on there again, asking if I had done something wrong by bringing up the over heating issue, or the price comparison, I was issued a stronger warning by private email again with Don't mention the yamaha again.!! Exclamation points and all ! WTF.

Not only have I never bashed anyone over the internet... I have never bashed anyone's product or choice of buying such products! Out of the countless forums I have been involved with I have never been issued a warning, let alone had any of my post deleted. If anything, they should delete some of them simply because I get long winded! LOL

I am actually very ok with deleting things where people are clearly arguing, or clearly trying to be hurtful and disruptive. I mean, we've all been to high school at one time or another, so we don't need anymore crap in our daily lives now.

SO, all in all, there are some seriously scared people out there right now. I just feel bad because this type of Brand protection will ultimately HURT the people trying to find important info out. I now wonder how many threads or post have been deleted about mechanical problems, or fixes. Or they instructed to make their new release sound better, or do they simply have hurt feelings because Yamaha finally released something in the Sport Market.

A lot to think about.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You know what. I am done thinking about it. I have pondered this decision for weeks. FJK just help me make up my mind completely too.

I really can't get over how quick they were to delete any thread about my findings. I was generally trying to help a fellow forum member out too. Ive had a 200 deposit down for weeks on the SE, but like some other's on here, it would not hurt my feelings at all to walk away from that 200 bucks if I decided to go a different route.

There has to be a reason they are SO scared. I know I talked in length about the XDS over there and nothing was ever mentioned, let alone deleted.

I just went back and looked at my account before they block me.

I have been a member there since 2012 with 772 posts. I have bought and sold thousands of dollars thru that site thru members. Tens of thousands since I can think of 30k worth of Rzrs alone.

The only negative anything I have been involved with there was when I was asking a lot of questions about their EBS system because I kept loosing rear ends in my new low mileage 800. Turns out they had a locking nut in their rear diff and the plastic locking device was melting and letting the nut back off. I lost (4) rear diffs with in 800 miles, Even tho all were paid for by polaris and Polaris even ended up buying the car back, a few people over there were saying it was somehow my fault because I wasn't giving the car enough down time to cool off! :)

I didnt even engage in any bashing then. After I moved on to the xp900 I let that topic die out because obviously, you just can't help some people.

I have owned (9) Rzrs in the past 5 years...Each of every one they have offered up till this new S1000 and Turbo 1000.

I have never been brand loyal to any manufacturer either. I am sure some of my findings and experience can help a lot of new buyers. I am very disappointed to find out how easy it is for them to pick and chose what info they want out there.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
image.jpg just get you a few sips and you will be aight. Bawhahaha you got a few over there that get butthurt real easy. We know polaris mode of operation. We soon see how the new yamaha holds up. I have four buddies with 15 polaris products right now and all of them have been in shop 1 month at least. A 900s for a transmission, a xpk1 for catching on fire, a highlifter running hot after a month he bought a aftermarket radiator to fix problem at his cost. Then one slung a rod outa the casing, I'm wondering if his was user error. But still that's a lotta problems in one area of five thousand people. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have been censored for the same thing. Also was censored for complaining about the piss pore Polaris customer service, complete absence of it, and all the issues with my Xp 1000.

I guess if Polaris was giving me a new model Xp every time they came out so I could start one of those build threads, I might censor some real valuable consumer info to prop up my brand. JFK is not helping over there! I am more pissed at Polaris than ever and ALLWAYS steer my friend to other brands.

I will never buy a Polaris product again after this experience with Polaris customer servce, that includes Victory motorcycles, Indian motorcycles and there sleds.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What or where is the XPT forum? Can't find it
Todd,

I just used the XPT as an abbreviation for the Rzrforums.net "RZR XP Turbo" forum.

You are one of the forum members I have done business with there too. I was just doing up some math this morning (because I am #s guy) I have done well over a 100,000 worth of business thru other forum members there since 2012.

AND, I bought my last xp1k knowing a ton of info before going in to purchase it. Things like it needed a shock re-valve, it needed some clutch cooling help, it needed the sway bar beefed up, it needed a drive shaft re-phased, etc, etc. The most important part was I knew where and who to go to to fix these problems.

I am very disappointed because they are obviously censoring a lot of info over there now. I tend to keep (2) cars. I still have an xp900 and will be trading it out for either the S or xpT car next spring. (After the first two rounds of the GNCC)

Well, now I am really concerned I will be going into either of those purchases completely blind because there is only so much you are allowed to post on their forums. There is no telling how many posts were deleted from this one topic. I know it was 5 pages one day and 3 pages the next! I probably had 4 or 5 posts deleted from just this one topic. AND, I also noticed some of the other posts that had good info were deleted as well. One was about a guy who had found a dealer selling them for around 22k. Gone. One was a guy who was disgruntled because his left him stranded on his first time out. Gone. One even had some info about switching out shocks. Gone. To the best of my recollection, I don't remember anyone of those guys mentioning the yamaha either.

This new level of censorship Says a lot to me.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Hmm, as I read it they were very cordial in telling you why it was deleted, I suppose if someone came on here declaring the xpt is better they may not get a favorable reaction, so if you think that just because your bashing comments were deleted somehow translates to Polaris being nervous about sales losses to yamaha that would be pretty intuitive. I think polaris probably Ownes a few yxz themselves and find that they have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, as I read it they were very cordial in telling you why it was deleted, I suppose if someone came on here declaring the xpt is better they may not get a favorable reaction, so if you think that just because your bashing comments were deleted somehow translates to Polaris being nervous about sales losses to yamaha that would be pretty intuitive. I think polaris probably Ownes a few yxz themselves and find that they have nothing to worry about.
You have been one I have been very patient with.

And me disclosing the info I have discovered about pricing and info from the guys I race with are definitely not bashing any machine. I didn't even mention that 4 of the 6 owners of them I know don't even have a choice. Two are Polaris dealers who run a race team and two are sponsored by Polaris to race their machines. Plus, there is no way you saw what all post were deleted. And you certainly have not saw the emails JFk and I have exchanged between each other.

But yet here you are trying to start shit again.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And Not one time Did I ever declare either brand to be better than the other. I simply stated where I could buy the YXZ for 3700 less than the Xpt car. Guess what, its the same dealer too. They carry both Yamaha and Polaris.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Typical for the RZr forums.

Same could be said for here , you post actual ride experience and there's a few on here that say you're a troll , you dont know what you're talking about, you have no experience or otherwise - yet they dont own one and have never drove one..

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Same could be said for here , you post actual ride experience and there's a few on here that say you're a troll , you dont know what you're talking about, you have no experience or otherwise - yet they dont own one and have never drove one..
Not typical here at all.

Sure some have had a hard time with your opinions and findings. But, You and I have had several discussions about each car and none have been deleted.

And yamabeast has continued to bash the yxz and pretty much everyone here. And to my knowledge, none of his un-helpful posts have been deleted. Even tho it is so obvious he owns neither

·
Registered
589 Posts

Thing is you say you have a YXZ with 485 miles on it and a worn clutch. Yet, you have not posted a single picture of your machine or any kind of detailed opinion. Just seems odd with the generalities and nothing concrete. Would like to see a picture of those clutch plates to see how worn they may be.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rzr forum is slowly losing concept what forum should be , you can hardly say anything wrong about the product sold by supporting venders, they have section "other SxS " but don't dare to like other too much. What really bug me, that other members will report you, if they don't like it....look I am for some kind of censuring when offending language or personal attack are involve, but not if I think one product is a better than other or plainly sucks. Actually I know people who left and open own forums , because they can't stand the policy.
Milos

·
Registered
589 Posts
I agree Milo but much of it is just Baiting by Trolls. Those have to be contained or it's just spirals down hill really fast.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree Milo but much of it is just Baiting by Trolls. Those have to be contained or it's just spirals down hill really fast.
I think there are a few in this forum and most probably know who they are. The best thing to do is to just ignore them completely, don't feed them! They have no life obviously so just treat them like a ghost.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thing is you say you have a YXZ with 485 miles on it and a worn clutch. Yet, you have not posted a single picture of your machine or any kind of detailed opinion. Just seems odd with the generalities and nothing concrete. Would like to see a picture of those clutch plates to see how worn they may be.
I do not know yamaracrr at all. Nor have I ever raced against him to my knowledge.
But, I do know of several Racers who have contracts with certain manufacturers and they could loose all their help instantly for racing, or supporting another brand.

This being sad, i have learned a lot of inside info about several machines from these same sponsored guys. And even tho I have actually made several of my purchasing decisions from this info , i would never post any of the info.
As a matter of fact, I may have even started some of the topics that became filled with good info. Mav axle ends, xp900 dusting , 570 air intake tube, xp1k belt and shock issues. All of these I learned about at the race track. And then learned of their fixes thru the forums.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Not typical here at all.

Sure some have had a hard time with your opinions and findings. But, You and I have had several discussions about each car and none have been deleted.

And yamabeast has continued to bash the yxz and pretty much everyone here. And to my knowledge, none of his un-helpful posts have been deleted. Even tho it is so obvious he owns neither
I haven't bashed it none, unless you consider stating the truth as bashing... Or anyone at all. Carry on....

·
Registered
25 Posts
There is a yamaha thread on the rzrforum with like 300k views and hundreds of posts. There are several threads that are super long that are just about problems with RZRs. Why dont' they delete those threads??

They do delete posts that are off topic or against the rules. Threads grow like crazy over there because of the amount of members. If they don't keep them on topic, they do spiral out of control and off topic and become less relevant to the original title and become less useful. I don't think its as much about censorship as it is about keeping threads relevant to the title. If you want to talk about something new just start a new thread. It will be pretty clear if you are trolling for drama.

This forum is owned by the same guys that own the rzrforum. I think they do a pretty good job managing the forums and keeping things relevant.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.