Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help ! My engine seized up on me last weekend now I'm trying to pull the engine out but I am unclear about how you get the drive shaft off the crank of the engine. I have ordered a mechanic manual but it won't be here until next week. It's 2017 . Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok , I figured it out, that's a Hess heavyweight flywheel. I was going to delete the post , but I don't see a place to delete it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok , I figured it out, that's a Hess heavyweight flywheel. I was going to delete the post , but I don't see a place to delete it.
Well glad ya dint. I was curious what the weight looked like. So stock doesn’t have any kind of weight like that? The reason I’m confused is mine was suppose to have one. Being I paid for it and paid to have it installed. But I don’t have that big ring like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well glad ya dint. I was curious what the weight looked like. So stock doesn’t have any kind of weight like that? The reason I’m confused is mine was suppose to have one. Being I paid for it and paid to have it installed. But I don’t have that big ring like that.
Here is the link to the one that is on mine ,Heavy Flywheel Modification - Yamaha YXZ 1000R
Well I think I would be calling the people who you paid and asked them what they did , or what brand they put on your.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now the problem I have is getting the fuel line off of the fuel rail . I know that orange tab slides up and you should be able to push the tabs in and slide the line off , but it doesn't want to come off .

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for the info. As far as that tab. Think your doing it right. Mine was a pitty to get off also. I sprayed some lube on it and it popped right off with some pressure after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, got the fuel line off . Engine is out , pulled valve cover noticed timing chain is not setting in the intake cam sprocket all the way . Pulled the mag cover and found the timing chain guide was broke , pieces every where . Pulled the cams and intake cam on one journal was galled , so head is shot ! Disassemble the rest of the engine. Looks like oil journals to the rods got plugged, all 3 rods spun bearings ! And the crank . Case shot ! So I guess it's done ! Any idea where to find a engine ?
so

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ouch I blew my engine and searched high and low. Luckily it got covered under the Yamaha YES warranty. I looked for crate engines, rebuilt engines and wrecked machines at auctions.

No crate engines for sale
rebuilt engines needed a core
wrecked machines could be a crap shoot but seemed to be the better option

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, got the fuel line off . Engine is out , pulled valve cover noticed timing chain is not setting in the intake cam sprocket all the way . Pulled the mag cover and found the timing chain guide was broke , pieces every where . Pulled the cams and intake cam on one journal was galled , so head is shot ! Disassemble the rest of the engine. Looks like oil journals to the rods got plugged, all 3 rods spun bearings ! And the crank . Case shot ! So I guess it's done ! Any idea where to find a engine ? View attachment 118277 View attachment 118278 View attachment 118279 View attachment 118280 so View attachment 118281
I am in San Diego and have one with 4000 mi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts