Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m changing the wheels on my my 2016 to use all front wheels (OEM beadlocks) and install BFG KM3’s on all four corners I’m going with 28x10-14’s all around. At the tire store they said they were unable to get the beadlock bolts installed (too short) and that I would need to get bolts that were 1/4 inch longer. That’s 64 bolts. Is that normal? Thanks. Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts before I hunt down 64 bolts..
if you change wheels.. i would love to discuss buying your stock beadlocks. i'm running the Maxxis Vipers for mud/sand and trails here in Texas.. like to have a separate set to run paddles

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m changing the wheels on my my 2016 to use all front wheels (OEM beadlocks) and install BFG KM3’s on all four corners I’m going with 28x10-14’s all around. At the tire store they said they were unable to get the beadlock bolts installed (too short) and that I would need to get bolts that were 1/4 inch longer. That’s 64 bolts. Is that normal? Thanks. Just wanted to get everyone’s thoughts before I hunt down 64 bolts..
Scrub Radius becomes the major factor.. the guys at Shock Therapy have great videos detailing wheels, tires and suspension and the interaction when you change any of those components.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’ll let you know when I get ready to buy wheels. It will be a few months at least, if I don’t start snapping beadlock bolts. I’m going to take some measurements this weekend to see if Jason’s spacers will fill the gap. I like the KM3’s but I certainly have a gap because the tire bead is pretty thick.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mtc. Thanks for the video. I do have the 2 rear wheels I can sell you now if you want to start acquiring your spare set. Let me know

21 - 26 of 26 Posts