Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they now offer for 19 and 20 ss . Three inch lift kit good bad or? For trail riding. From side by side forgot the rest ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on that my playground very few big rocks. Question is for friend in AZ that has big rocks everywhere. He already broke skid plate and mounts. On lift roll over I agree with you. On the other hand my 3 4x4. And off road Toyota are all lifted . So far I have not rolled them. So let me ask this they use spring spacers in rear in front bracket drop on shocks. Other then easy to roll . Does is this kit bad news on ride and susp. Parts

·
Registered
805 Posts
I would be very wary of adding a lift kit. Anything that modifies driveline angles likely will stress those parts pretty badly in hard use. I do not think the rear drive shaft drive system will tolerate much deviation from the stock angles. Front driveshaft may not be so bad as it has u-joints on both ends, but stock, the front drive shaft is nearly straight shot too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
A lift kit will help if you're trails are deeply rutted and you're sitting on the skidplate spinning tires, but you lose droop, which let's the tires drop into holes and maintain traction. The YXZ is probably not the best machine in this case, but in my experience, it's damn fun trying to make it work and you get respect for your driving.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Baja 1000 /500 course is only 5 min from house. There is 3 foot and more deep two track ruts. So far I can easy travel driving on high center and outer edge.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would be very wary of adding a lift kit. Anything that modifies driveline angles likely will stress those parts pretty badly in hard use. I do not think the rear drive shaft drive system will tolerate much deviation from the stock angles. Front driveshaft may not be so bad as it has u-joints on both ends, but stock, the front drive shaft is nearly straight shot too.
The lift kit would not affect the driveshafts. It would only drop the suspension. The rear end and front diff are mounted in the frame and it won't change them or their driveshafts or angles of any of that.

The angle of the CV axles would change but not the driveshafts or anything with u joints.

Still doesn't make the lift any better of a idea IMO for pretty much same reasons.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lift kit does not give more travel . Just rises ride hight in stock travel correct? All of you thanks much for info this is great web site ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
It just drops exactly what you already have but since geometry does change when it drops you might actually loose the slightest bit of travel but you usually wouldn't gain travel just ground clearance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was looking into it, can’t remember the thread but one user had a 3” on his and broke the suspension braket after 1000 miles

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Don’t do it . If you want more ground clearance go to 30 inch or 31 inch tires . Then make gearing change to fit the riding you do . Much more effective than a lift kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts