Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pound Sand, I'm not sharing

Votes: 2 20.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us have favorite trails or places to ride. Are you willing to share?

Would you, as users find it helpful if there was information posted about trails? Basically what to expect, where to park, how to access?

Would this be helpful to New members?

Would it encourage you to explore new areas?

Hoping to revive interest and encourage surfers to become members.

Thanks

Nate

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
111 Posts
I'd share - that's how I ended up in this anyways... It can be a double ended sword as some dope will show up and ruin the spot or access. Maybe a start would be the major ones that may be decently known rides (to folks who have ridden much), maybe difficulty level.. I often go off a jeep 4x4 trail book or map and I'm 2 years into the book now and still hitting new trails. Someone did the hard work there, but I did pay about $10 for a color spiral bound..

I joined clubs and this is shared there as well - most group rides, gps tracks, trail ratings, notes...

It's like fishing - I shared spots with others and fed their want to ensure propagation of the sport, but my honey holes (that's like guarding gold )..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently went on a short vacation to the northern part of my home state to check out what the trails are like. I was very happy that some other members who goes to the same area reached out to share what it was and what to expect. I know that I will be going back again because I found some trails that more than fit the bill for me. More and more of the counties in Wisconsin are opening up things for UTV's but in the southern half its mostly allowing the uses of township roads.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I ride almost every weekend all year long and 90% of the time I ride alone. It's quiet and peaceful where I ride. You can go all day long and never see another person and I plan on keeping it that way ;) I've spent my life up there learning the roads and trails. I don't have a problem giving general information, but to actually show you where I ride, that rarely happens. When I do it is the main roads, nothing off the beaten path and not places I ride very often.

·
Vendor
71 Posts
I ride almost every weekend all year long and 90% of the time I ride alone. It's quiet and peaceful where I ride. You can go all day long and never see another person and I plan on keeping it that way ;) I've spent my life up there learning the roads and trails. I don't have a problem giving general information, but to actually show you where I ride, that rarely happens. When I do it is the main roads, nothing off the beaten path and not places I ride very often.
I've seen the beautiful pics of where you ride, and I'd probably keep it a secret too. Lol! If there's anybody in these riding forums that may catch a Bigfoot sighting, I'm guessing its going to be you. :ROFLMAO:

Locally, we can ride on the company property around the county. Invite only (company insurance). Everything around here (Indiana and Kentucky) is private land so unless you know somebody or own property, you're pretty limited to county roads. Bigger riding trips always end up at Windrock, Brimstone, RRB, or Blue Holler.

·
Registered
177 Posts
not much to share for southern california. such a saturated offroad community, everyone already knows 99% of the accessible trails, and a large group unfortunately rides areas that are off limits to OHV so they crack down extra hard on the rest of us. there are some really fun trail system in the Johnson Valley area but all can be found on alltrails or even google maps can locate them. id be interested in destination rides as we do organize some group rides here but have taken some time off to catch up on some shop builds and product development for our x3 line

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
We have riding everywhere from home, into the mountains, into the backcountry, along rivers, to lakes, plenty of country gravel roads and can go from Montana to Wyoming in less than an hour. So much riding and very very very little people. Love it at our new home. Pure peace.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tell everyone where I ride all public trails in Wisconsin I do like some trails more then others.Totally willing to tell anyone where I think the good trails are (in my opinion )

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m very thankful for the local riders who are showing me around (I’m new to this) Arizona has so much public land I’m thinking I’ll never get to the end of its trail systems… And I’ve reached the end of the internet 4 times..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sadly many off roaders hate sxs as they have taken over . Even in Baja Mexico they out number . All other off road toys many disrespectful drivers . With no clue how to drive big tour companies. I have all toys lucky I have keys to locked gates . So we go past vast ranchos never see anyone. I will take any buddy's. As long as they understand not to show gps tracks . As then fences get cut I get throw out. So guys drive respectful . Slow down on turns have fun 😉

1 - 10 of 10 Posts