Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$399 custom suspension seat with adaptor bracket. Bolts solid to the chassis, no straps/bungee cords and half assed car seat mounting. We tried that and the kids hated the dunes. These are true suspension seats providing a much more cushioned ride, full containment and adjustable so they can reach the grab handle for added confidence and safety! This is the ultimate setup for your kids hands down.

Mounted in RZR

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cool idea!

Reminds me of the PRP booster seat that you seat belted in with the adult straps.

Obviously this is a much more secure design.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That is uber sweet. In my Wildcat I installed eyelets in the stock seat frame where I could make use of the latch system of the factory car seats. Has worked awesome for years, and still makes it where you can pull the car seat in seconds to have an adult ride. Would be awesome if you could incorporate such a setup into your suspension seat.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is uber sweet. In my Wildcat I installed eyelets in the stock seat frame where I could make use of the latch system of the factory car seats. Has worked awesome for years, and still makes it where you can pull the car seat in seconds to have an adult ride. Would be awesome if you could incorporate such a setup into your suspension seat.
The Polaris style attaches to the factory base so it clips in and out just like a stock seat. The YXZ bolts in with 4 bolts so it take about 1 minute to undo but it is more rigid and firmly mounted. The factory car latch idea is really clever. Unfortunately just like in the car when you put a kids car seat on a rubber / cushioned surface (i.e. On top of the Factory seat) it still moves around. The booster seat itself is the same idea and design as PRP etc but unless you bolt it down the seat just slides around and never seems to fit the contours of the SxS seats right.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The Polaris style attaches to the factory base so it clips in and out just like a stock seat. The YXZ bolts in with 4 bolts so it take about 1 minute to undo but it is more rigid and firmly mounted. The factory car latch idea is really clever. Unfortunately just like in the car when you put a kids car seat on a rubber / cushioned surface (i.e. On top of the Factory seat) it still moves around. The booster seat itself is the same idea and design as PRP etc but unless you bolt it down the seat just slides around and never seems to fit the contours of the SxS seats right.
Good points. Mine doesnt move around though because the attachment points are on each side of the seat attached to the bars that support the seat back, in that open area between where the seat base meets the seat back. So what I do is clip one side (drivers side since its buried against the console) then use all my weight to press the car seat into the foam of the SxS seat while using nearly all my strength to pull the strap which tightens the latch belt which cinches the car seat to the SxS seat very tightly. The car seat is pinned in place big time by the bolsters and the foam compression, it does not move. Same if you install it in a car properly. Then I use the 5 point harness built into the car seat to secure my 5 year old. It works great my boy can ride with me no matter how rough it gets or if we manage to put it on its side or whatever. I leave my harnesses in they just hang behind the cat seat. Marc and a few others have seen how mine is done it works for sure.

My setup is great for little kids but I like that suspension seat of yours because there will arrive a time that the boy is too big for a car seat but not big enough for a normal seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts