Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This kit is the cleanist looking I ve seen so far.
Very nice job!!!
thank you. we've been behind the scenes private labeling kits for quite some time now, so definitely not our first rodeo.. appreciate the compliments (and criticism where applicable)! :cool:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Would be nice black powder coat the large silver tubing that goes to the air filter? and even spray black jet coat on the header for an even more stealth look.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice kit! The fit & weld quality is beautiful!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Also, regarding your digital display mounting. What can be done if my rugged radio is mounted in the open center box area? is there a pod for the sloped area just above that?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also, regarding your digital display mounting. What can be done if my rugged radio is mounted in the open center box area? is there a pod for the sloped area just above that?
The LCD display is mounted on top of the center box area (right where the pop riveted warning label is now) so you should be fine. I will have the factory switch panel in the same location your rugged radio stuff is

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The exhaust looks loud do you have a sound clip anywhere? Dyno numbers would be great also.:)
The Weller racing turbo kit is the same kit except it has a different brand dual exhaust. Thy are using DMC mufflers. They also have an exhaust sound clip posted somewhere.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
thank you. we've been behind the scenes private labeling kits for quite some time now, so definitely not our first rodeo.. appreciate the compliments (and criticism where applicable)! :cool:
Love the looks of this kit so far! Stroke of genius using the "cookie jar" for the air filter housing. Kind of an instant air box there! Very clean looking, and an important detail everyone else seems to be missing. I LIKE something well thought out that can pass for OEM equipment. This kit hands down so far is my first choice when I go to turbo mine.
One suggestion: (hope you don't mind, not trying to be critical! For all I know this stuff is still pre-production prototype :)The clamps around the carbon exhaust cans are a bit rough. How about a nice billet mount that properly cradles and locates the cans instead on some cheesy clamps? Also, put billet polished tips on those things...would really add the finishing touch!

But overall, AWESOME! Keep up the good work, and keep us informed!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Love the looks of this kit so far! Stroke of genius using the "cookie jar" for the air filter housing. Kind of an instant air box there! Very clean looking, and an important detail everyone else seems to be missing. I LIKE something well thought out that can pass for OEM equipment. This kit hands down so far is my first choice when I go to turbo mine.
One suggestion: (hope you don't mind, not trying to be critical! For all I know this stuff is still pre-production prototype :)The clamps around the carbon exhaust cans are a bit rough. How about a nice billet mount that properly cradles and locates the cans instead on some cheesy clamps? Also, put billet polished tips on those things...would really add the finishing touch!

But overall, AWESOME! Keep up the good work, and keep us informed!
to be 100% honest that was a last minute patch to get our shop car out to Glamis for Halloween. Was the quickest thing we could think of aside for using plumbers tape.. lol worked great though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts