Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Radiator Location

8K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Jdxyz 
Its a nice big radiator but its location kind of concerns me. It sets low and somewhat behind the tires. I hate mud holes and wished I never had to deal with them but just can't escape them at windrock. I worry about it clogging up.

Unless the front tires can magically throw rocks forward and have then do some kinda 180* turn and head back into the radiator then there is no way the front tires are going to be able to throw rocks on that rad.
I don't think that will be much of a problem. But what does catch my eye is how much of the radiator sits below the top of the tire. I cant tell how many mud holes I encounter on trails that I can only see the top of my tires, for the yxz, that's going to mean that the bottom portion of the rad is going to be submersed in muddy water where that fine silt mud is going to collect and build up- no amount of gaurds or screens are going to stop that. The bottom portion will stay gunked up. However, I think it is such a huge rad, that there will be enough clean rad to keep things cool...we will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.