Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to tear down for next race season and among the list of things to do is relocate the radiator. Has anyone had any issues still over heating with just relocating the stock one? I love the Hess one but 900 is pretty steep. Leaning towards the krash off-road setup with his radius cage, front & rear. Bumper and frame gusset kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is I may have to go with the Hess setup as it looks like it mounts up high. I need to be able to lay my 30" spare flat in the bed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dublin Pirate, where did you get that rear roll cage reinforcing bar in front of your radiator?I have not seen that one before, and looked at Hess but could not find it. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Radiator relocate is probably my next mod also. I have a new cage coming so the incorporated Krash option won't work for me, plus I would rather not have the obstructed view out the back. I do really like the Hess setup, other than price.
Does anyone know of any other kits or options? Another question I have is what is everyone doing with the stock radiator? Are you removing them or just leaving them in and capping off coolant lines?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will be pulling out the stock setup. I will be welding in krash's gusset kit next weekend so have the car pretty stripped down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
RhinoWolvy5#

For you guys that have relocated the radiator, will using the Yamaha poly rear window restrict air flow to radiator?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be pulling out the stock setup. I will be welding in krash's gusset kit next weekend so have the car pretty stripped down.
I ordered a cage with the radiator locate kit from Krash offroad. I will tell you that it was a simple move and would have been easier if I had moved the radiator before I bolted on the cage, but still a simple move. Running the radiator lines was easy and I ordered a wire loom from DZ motorsports to plug into the factor fan connection. Have not raced my car yet, but that is my plan.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I just got my car back from SOB Built. He is a dealer for Krash cages too.

I just put plastic corks in the lines up front in case someone ever wants to change it back to that location.

I also left the overflow bottle up front and just ran some hose from the back to the front.

Radiator does sit higher than the Hess set up, but the am still very happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Do you carry a spare with you at all while racing?

I like this setup but I have seen a Hess setup mounted up higher that would allow me to carry my 30" spare in my bed still
I do not carry a spare with me at all. The XC races are so short time wise, any flats pretty much take me out of contention there. In the 4 hour UTVRR, we now run Sti bead locks and if we have a flat, we just make it back around to the pits for a change out.

Of course the only time I did show up for the 4 hour race with out a spare, I had a flat take us out off the podium in the Pro1000 class... uggghhh..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts