Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the final touches done and ready to load on the trailer. Heading out Wed.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Tire Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you please tell me what tire brand and size and why? New to sxs and not sure what to run for Glamis
I'm running 26" STU Blasters in the rear and STI Drifters in the front mounted on Douglas Stealth wheels.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear rain from Wednesday on, especially in 13!
That's OK because I know rain in 13 is still better than sunshine in 2sun....

Reactions: Hollywood

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, I'm still undecided. Fullerton tire says run a 26" with a #1-9 paddle. They said it bogs down to much with a 28" tire. Have you noticed that?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, I'm still undecided. Fullerton tire says run a 26" with a #1-9 paddle. They said it bogs down to much with a 28" tire. Have you noticed that?
Hell it bogs off the line with stock tires. I didn't notice any bogging at all. Jon on the forum runs 30s.

What I did notice is to much spinning. At 12 psi in the rear I was spinning with less forward movement. Dropped to 8 and it was a world better. Needed more paddle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know FSS is well respected and I am not about to proclaim I know more but having run 3 different paddle setups now, I would never run a 26". It makes first gear ridiculous and, on a stock machine going up a long, steep hill you will be downshifting to 1st guaranteed. I just hacked the shit out of my 28" stu #2's (its what I had laying around) to make a staggered setup. Only two 3rd degree burns later and I'm ready to try em out. Knobby Knife is just too tempting to have around the garage.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I know FSS is well respected and I am not about to proclaim I know more but having run 3 different paddle setups now, I would never run a 26". It makes first gear ridiculous and, on a stock machine going up a long, steep hill you will be downshifting to 1st guaranteed. I just hacked the shit out of my 28" stu #2's (its what I had laying around) to make a staggered setup. Only two 3rd degree burns later and I'm ready to try em out. Knobby Knife is just too tempting to have around the garage.
I am still hoping a STU 28" #1 stagger cut will be the ticket. keep us posted on how your #2's work out.
Also a little extra hp from an exhuast & reflash will help as well to keep em turning

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.