Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently fabricating new rear shock towers for my stretched YXZ. I was wondering if there were any members that might be interested in doing the same? All fabricators know that having the shock and suspension arm perpendicular to each other at full bump is the optimum and most efficient set up. This is doable on the rear of the 2017 YXZ and maybe all models. I have not looked at one since Yamaha moved the radiator to the rear but I assume they are the same.

I can build a few extras to sell if there is demand for them. I can install them in-house at www.yellowjacketmotorsports.com in Midland, TX or sell them pre-cut pieces for you to weld in. The only thing to be removed on your car are the two short tubes that have the tie down loops welded on.

I have attached a picture of a couple of cars with this modification. One is a YXZ currently racing in the 2021 DAKAR as this is written.

I spoke to Jeremiah Staggs (#1982 car below) and he said he was pleased with the improvements made in his rear suspension.

I will send pictures of my finished product in a few days. Stock shocks will be able to be used.

The other is my new build as it is now.

Sincerely,
Roger Lollar

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cool build. I assume you will be racing it?

Same questions as thesandaddict. I may be interested but would like to see more pictures of the shock relocation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool build. I assume you will be racing it?

Same questions as thesandaddict. I may be interested but would like to see more pictures of the shock relocation.
Yes, stock shocks, same arm location, same travel. I will be finishing them up this weekend and will have more info first part of next week.

Reactions: JBquadrider

·
Registered
2017 YXZ1000R SS SE, DMC Afterburner Comp.Exhaust, Graves plates, FTECU, Custom Cage, Roof, LT Bar
22 Posts
I am interested in finding out more on this as well. I have a 2017 with about 40 hours on it and the only flaw I have found so far is the hop in the back end when going fast on the whoops. They say a longer chassis with more upright shock positioning is the ultimate fix for that issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts