Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems like it sits low in the back. When I read the manual on pre-load, it gives the spring length of 16.05 to 17.05 inches. My rear springs measure 11.75". I don't have any other machines to look at.
Thoughts on this? It doesn't look right to me.
Yamaha rear spring.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you didn't buy this new to me it has the wrong spring on it. Should be at least 16" long with tight wound coils on top and bottom. Should look like only black
Screenshot_20201012-174710_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201012-174710_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
Looks like your missing the upper spring. Should have a crossover ring, stopper, and upper spring.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats part of a dual rate spring pack but you're missing the top spring. The single rate springs that come on the base model yxz is longer than that one on your car. If you bought it that way, I'd take it back to the dealership. Or you can just have them resprung with aftermarket coils and be done with it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought it new at Water World and Boat and Powersports out of Medford Oregon. I will call today and see what they have to say.
I would assume the springs and shocks are assembled and installed at the factory? Aren't the cars pretty much assembled prior to reaching the dealer?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yes, should be ready to go minus the cage, fluids, and battery when delivered to dealers. Do you got a pic of your machine when you picked it up at dealer? I’d imagine it help out should they try to turn you away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just spoke to the owner of the dealership. I sent him the same picture. He tells me it is correct for a 2020 1000R, and only the SE got the dual springs.
I am still pretty skeptical.
I am going to talk to Weller shortly and see what they say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car seems like it sits low in the back. When I read the manual on pre-load, it gives the spring length of 16.05 to 17.05 inches. My rear springs measure 11.75". I don't have any other machines to look at.
Thoughts on this? It doesn't look right to me. View attachment 116933
Spring measurents are with suspension unloaded and tires off the ground.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts