Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked mine up and the Rekluse isn't adjusted correctly. Where is the adjusted and how should there be set up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok just an update. I have never used a Rekluse before this so part of my problem was me. But here is what happened.

I would go into gear and the machine would stall like the Rekluse wasn't installed. I read up on adjustment, no problem. I go 2 clicks. It starts getting better, now it won't stall but it has a lot of drag. I go under and try to go 2 more clicks. The adjuster won't move... And don't I strip the adjuster!!!

Monday morning I call Rekluse willing to accept that it was 100% my fault on ruining the slave cylinder. Rekluse told me my dealer probably did something wrong on install and suggests they forgot the last chatter plate in the back of the clutch basket. Which is why my adjustment was bottomed out.
They sent me a new slave cylinder free of charge and I return my old stripped one! I was shocked. What a great company.

I get the new cylinder and take everything back to the dealer and sure enough the dealer did forget the last plate. They took care of me and I had my machine back working like it should in a day.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Glad all that worked out good for you. I can see how that would have became extremely frustrating very quickly. LoL

I have talked to Rekluse a lot thru out the years. I orederd one of their first units to go on a 2002 Crf 450 ! They were extremely patient and helpful everytime I called.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Rekluse, Giant Loop, Trail Tech, etc. All small shops with guys that ride actually running the shops. Those three get my money every time because elf their commitment to us because they are us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts