Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I'll put some pictures up. Not sure ill have time to install this week but ill try.
Yes, interested in your take on the Rekluse installation. Considering doing this to mine when I get it. Thanks for any info you can provide, as well as a ride review.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Just spoke with the folks at Snake River Yamaha in Boise, ID. They have installed the Rekluse on their demo YXZ unit, and really like it.
It performs as advertised, and turns 1st and 2nd gears more into a "crawler" mode if desired. The guys at Rekluse also told me that you don't need
to use the clutch to shift if desired -- as long as you shift in the "Zone" -- foot off the gas.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I picked it up, was pretty excited to see what cool things they did with cover. Ive had these for my Beta and Huskys and they came with trick clutch covers and all new friction plates and various adjustment springs for the core.

Whelp, the YXZ comes with one friction disc and no cover, no springs. Im a bit peeved that they are still asking $800 for these like the bikes but with almost nothing in the kit.
Glad I didnt pay retail but still not too happy. My wife will be able to drive it now and thats the main thing for me.

Ill install it soon and photo the process. Here is what comes in the box.
20151014_095402.jpg

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Bummer, I was hoping for a trick new cover too... I guess you'd only see it when you installed it though. Anxious to hear about your install and results.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just the disk, pressure plate, and adjustable slave cylinder?

No hub, etc?

That's about 40% more than I would expect.

But, a disk plus fibers for a Harlwy is $799.

A disk - only for a KTM 990 Adventure is $629.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well I picked it up, was pretty excited to see what cool things they did with cover. Ive had these for my Beta and Huskys and they came with trick clutch covers and all new friction plates and various adjustment springs for the core.

Whelp, the YXZ comes with one friction disc and no cover, no springs. Im a bit peeved that they are still asking $800 for these like the bikes but with almost nothing in the kit.
Glad I didnt pay retail but still not too happy. My wife will be able to drive it now and thats the main thing for me.

View attachment 1683
Paying for the technology, aka. the patent...:( Thanks for posting and I look forward to hear how the install goes and especially in knowing how it performs and if it can really be the ticket for us that would like a low range.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just the disk, pressure plate, and adjustable slave cylinder?

No hub, etc?

That's about 40% more than I would expect.

But, a disk plus fibers for a Harlwy is $799.

A disk - only for a KTM 990 Adventure is $629.
There is a hub, sorry

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paying for the technology, aka. the patent...:( Thanks for posting and I look forward to hear how the install goes and especially in knowing how it performs and if it can really be the ticket for us that would like a low range.
Technology has already been paid for. There is nothing new in this kit.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

View attachment 1683
Can I ask how much you DID have to pay for the kit? And where is the best price?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yes, hookup deals are certainly the best. Please keep us posted on the install. Very interested in the procedure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts