Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need info about Cinders Thinking about a trip there September around 13th what is weather like that time of the year,Do you need a AZ. off road decal or is a CA. OHV sticker good . How do you get a Arizona license plate for a YXZ. been reading about people getting a AZ. license plate for ridding on roads to link up trails sound like that would be cool.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
One of the guys here was up there a month or so back.. He could give you an idea of the area - temps are upper 60's into the 70's. AZ OHV regs are pretty straight forward..

AZGFD

Getting AZ tags is another story, I'm a resident so it was a non-issue (just have to know what to apply for registration wise so you are paying the taxes as expected).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was up there last year at the end of September. One day I think it got to high 70's and nights can get pretty cool but that's the good time to go up there. Not sure on the registration deal but we rode cinders one day and locket meadow another day just linking trails to roads.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was up there last year at the end of September. One day I think it got to high 70's and nights can get pretty cool but that's the good time to go up there. Not sure on the registration deal but we rode cinders one day and locket meadow another day just linking trails to roads.
Thanks for the updates I did buy the ohv decal but would love to get a plate.Sound like September is a good time to go there.Just got back from Oregon was there for a week, went to Oregon after picking up my yzx from Weller with the new update turbo. installed.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I could be talked into a weekend in September as well. I think I would just do the free primitive camping if the weather is good. I haven’t been there riding before either but I will be spending a lot time there over the next 4 years, as my daughter is starting at NAU this fall.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Let’s set it up. WR450 you said Monday Sept 13. Is that right? Let’s us know when your dates and then we can get our schedules adjusted let’s see what we can do. I’ll send you guys a PM and we can start coordinating

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let’s set it up. WR450 you said Monday Sept 13. Is that right? Let’s us know when your dates and then we can get our schedules adjusted let’s see what we can do. I’ll send you guys a PM and we can start coordinating
I will post when I get together(ie work time off and my friends time off we are both retired but I have a part time job at O'Rreilly auto parts I will check with all and post back to see if the dates work for everyone.
Thanks for the info. Monty

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My riding buddy has to take his grandson to collage in San Diego CA. in September he is talking 1st week in October we will see how it goe's.You guys are a lot of help and I look forward to meeting you all.
Ok I think we got some dates we will leve on the 10th of Oct. should be there on the 11th or 12th of Oct. I hope the dates work for you guys I need all the help and guidance I can get.With taking grandkids to collage and work these dates work best for us.If anything comes up before hand I will post here.My riding buddy lives in the sierras CA. side by the Rubicon .Always worried about forest fires up there.There is a fire bruing now just south of lake Tahoe that is about 50 miles from him.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Count me in and I'll make the date work out - spent many years riding/racing up in the N. Sierras on dirt bikes, I've got some buddies that aren't that close but still concerning.

Once it gets closer we can dial it in better - looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Count me in and I'll make the date work out - spent many years riding/racing up in the N. Sierras on dirt bikes, I've got some buddies that aren't that close but still concerning.

Once it gets closer we can dial it in better - looking forward to it!!
Sounds good I. uesd to put on enduros in the Georgetown area of the sierras my buddies lives in volcanoville good trail ridding up there wright out of his yard you ride all the way to hellhole and the rubicon trail.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
District 36?? We rode some over there, brings back some memories.. I got a flat way out at Georgetown once, pretty gnarly area.. Old KTM 525.. That place was decimated with logging if I remember right.. So much fun too!

I mainly rode a KTM 300 XCW - so I can appreciate the electric start of the wr.

I recently met a couple guys here that go down to Baja riding 450's for a week or so at a time... Priorities...

BTW - PiPi with my mutt and my KTM 300 XCW in the truck.. Typical trip back then...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jay glad you had a good time flates are a bummer in the outback.Yes there was a lot of logging back then not so much now.Lots of homes up in that area now most of the forest land has been bought up by private parties out of the bay area. There is still a lot of good ridding up there for 2 wheelers and sxs.This time of year most trails are closed off due to fire danger.Hope to meet you at cinders.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Probably a few thousand hours up in those hills and Mendocino and Shasta area. Some time in Clear Creek area and around there - good times!!

Now it's desert but so much free space here in AZ. Family has been out here for years, I just came back here a few years ago.

I'm looking at heading up a few times before hand too so should be easy to dial in..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Probably a few thousand hours up in those hills and Mendocino and Shasta area. Some time in Clear Creek area and around there - good times!!

Now it's desert but so much free space here in AZ. Family has been out here for years, I just came back here a few years ago.

I'm looking at heading up a few times before hand too so should be easy to dial in..

District 36 was a big area I rode all those places pipi, condoor, that was the polkadots M/c area CLear creek was the asbetos pit at the time nobody new about it we used to ride a enduro at clear creek 125 mile.AT that time I was District 36 no# 36 rider A class for cross country and enduro almost made the USA team for the 6 day trails got beat out by Frank ds.Those days are gone now but I am still having fun with my SXS alittle slower and more cautous .My grand son rode for Yamha outdoor motorcross he won LAoretta Lynn's for his class but he broke his ankle and Yamaha did not re-sign him.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
District 36?? We rode some over there, brings back some memories.. I got a flat way out at Georgetown once, pretty gnarly area.. Old KTM 525.. That place was decimated with logging if I remember right.. So much fun too!

I mainly rode a KTM 300 XCW - so I can appreciate the electric start of the wr.

I recently met a couple guys here that go down to Baja riding 450's for a week or so at a time... Priorities...

BTW - PiPi with my mutt and my KTM 300 XCW in the truck.. Typical trip back then... View attachment 118559
Jay that photos of PIPI hang on to it pipi is gone in the Caldor fire happen last week.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts