Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you guys are still planning on going to the cinders, I live a few miles from there and would be happy to show you around or even take you on some rides from that area.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you guys are still planning on going to the cinders, I live a few miles from there and would be happy to show you around or even take you on some rides from that area.
So far we are on for Oct 10th to leve for cinders.depens on what happen with the fires the caldor fire is about 20 miles from my buddy.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
136 Posts
I was heartbroken when you mentioned that about PiPi - so many great memories there...

I should be fine that time - possible Lake Powell trip around there but that is not solidified yet... Leaning towards Cinders this year..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sounds good we are planing on leaving on Oct 10th should be there at Cinders on the 11th I hope they get a handle on the fires burning in the sierras.The cal-dor fire is about 20miles from my ridding buddies home i talked to him today he said if he gets a evacuation orders we will leave earlier he is packed and ready to roll.(ie yxz ,food and beer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just moved my daughter to NAU last week, can’t wait to start camping in Flagstaff this year

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
136 Posts
I'm looking ok so far - trying to solidify my plans in Oct. Looking good right now!

Probably myself and cousin (both in 40's) and a toy-hauler. He's trying to buy my YXZ from me lol...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I just moved my daughter to NAU last week, can’t wait to start camping in Flagstaff this year
Td0gg How was the weather up there Flagstaff/ cinders not to hot I hope.We have been baking out west 95 low with 105 high and no rain but lots of fires and smoke.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am planning to be up there next weekend, we will be just north of 777 on 776 to the west of the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s been in the low 80’s and breezy, supposed to start raining again next week. Best time for cinders is when it’s wet!! Lows are in the ‘50’s

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Those temps sound good and rain will keep the dust down when I take 89 out of flagstaff what turn do I take to get to where you guys are camped.Can you get cell service there if so send me your cell phone no# in a e-mail and I will send you mine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I put the 776rd. in my phone (waze) so should be able to find you.
Thanks for the info. Monty

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
136 Posts
I'll post up a pic of our rig (truck/trailer/YXZ) to help identify us. Never been up there and if I'm not on the lake beating the heat before heading up - may make a trip up in Sept to get a lay of the land, couple hours away for me..

Probably a 2015 Chevy 2500 with an older white toy hauler and a '16 (wht/blue) YXZ.

@wr450 - Hey Monty, I'll call you later this weekend. Had stuff pop up for work (the area code threw me off 😀). I should be able to make a trip up and post up some pics, trails, maybe throw my drone up for some images in the air I can share.

Here is an old image - it's a 360 degree shot that you can rotate and zoom in your browser. I use chrome and it works perfect. There may be an arrow in a circle you will have to click on but it will render it so it is movable and viewable...

New photo by Jason Graham

Jason

21 - 40 of 77 Posts