Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'll post up a pic of our rig (truck/trailer/YXZ) to help identify us. Never been up there and if I'm not on the lake beating the heat before heading up - may make a trip up in Sept to get a lay of the land, couple hours away for me..

Probably a 2015 Chevy 2500 with an older white toy hauler and a '16 (wht/blue) YXZ.

@wr450 - Hey Monty, I'll call you later this weekend. Had stuff pop up for work (the area code threw me off 馃榾). I should be able to make a trip up and post up some pics, trails, maybe throw my drone up for some images in the air I can share.

Here is an old image - it's a 360 degree shot that you can rotate and zoom in your browser. I use chrome and it works perfect. There may be an arrow in a circle you will have to click on but it will render it so it is movable and viewable...

New photo by Jason Graham

Jason
Good photo of the area is that all open land for ridding

Registered
I just got done at the cinders, it鈥檚 dry as can be and dusty again, look forward to the rain! Lots of people for an off weekend, we were very surprised

Registered
Dust never goes away, just for a while after it rains. Guessing lots of homeless and boondockers out there still? I hope to up there Thursday afternoon-sunday/monday if the hurricane doesn't cause to much flooding

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Dust never goes away, just for a while after it rains. Guessing lots of homeless and boondockers out there still? I hope to up there Thursday afternoon-sunday/monday if the hurricane doesn't cause to much flooding
I hope the rain keeps the dust down it would nice to have it rain at night and clear in the day.

Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
So the trip is on for me - just need to dial in the exact dates so my cousin and I can block off some days for customers/clients.

We are a couple hours south so confirming what days we may want to take off during the week is all..

@monty - I got your message on PiPi - whew, I know that every fire or rain/mud made it difficult for us out there or the land would be closed.

@darkjuju - You headed up this weekend? Was considering a trip but not a fan of holiday traffic to Flag..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So the trip is on for me - just need to dial in the exact dates so my cousin and I can block off some days for customers/clients.

We are a couple hours south so confirming what days we may want to take off during the week is all..

@monty - I got your message on PiPi - whew, I know that every fire or rain/mud made it difficult for us out there or the land would be closed.

@darkjuju - You headed up this weekend? Was considering a trip but not a fan of holiday traffic to Flag..
Jay we will leave on Oct10th should be there by the 11th not with standing the fires so far so good.But like the guy that fell out of the 10th floor window as he past the 5th floor he said so far so good.He states its not the fall that hurts its the sudden stop.

Registered

Yes heading out tomorrow am through Monday

Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
I had the same Raceline wheels on another buggy - not sure what size you have (14/15) but I also have Raceline bead spacers for 14" wheels. I needed it for my BFG's to square up the beadlock - it was also nice that if there is a problem, pull the beadlock and index it over one hole to the unused set and back in business..

I got suckered into feeding the neighbor's animals/horses since they watched the dogs last weekend, they also volunteered for Oct so it's a trade-off..

Registered
14" because I already had the tires only got them because Method doesn't make 4/110 anymore and I needed the offset for the LT.

Registered
Just re-read your comment bummer you cant make it out this weekend. If anyone does happen to head up to the cinders this weekend ping me or chase me down if you see my car.

Registered
That鈥檚 an awesome pic you just posted!! I bet the weather is amazing there as well right now. So jealous鈥.

Registered
Heading up this Friday.. Gonna rough tent camp it until Sunday afternoon鈥 Anyone else riding?

Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
I might be able to go up - cousin grabbed a new slalom ski and wakeboard and wants to hit the lake. I might pass on the lake and go riding instead - the weather will drive it..

Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
Well - 3rd gear is gone, pulling tranny and likely the dogs are wore off. Can't pinpoint when it started, but it is on the flywheel input side of the tranny and she's coming apart to get fixed for the Oct trip..

On stock 2016 gears, now is the time to switch it up. I'm running 30's and maybe the 2019 gearset would be fine for now. I think I can do this quickly..

41 - 60 of 77 Posts