Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yellow SE on order and im trying to figure out all the things I will need to get her race ready.

I know the shocks are still a bigquestion, but I'm thinking with both rebound and compression clickers I can get it close in OEM form.
Aleady has bead locks and we are sponsored by GBC so we have that area covered.

I saw where there was a bar across the back so I'm figuring the harness will go right in ,

BUT my biggest question is about the cage ??

Will it be safe in OEM form ? I know the xp900 cages will crumple with the slightest impact, but the OEM Maverick and xp1k cages are decent from the factory.

Has anyone been able to test the thickness of their OEM cage yet ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a yellow SE on order and im trying to figure out all the things I will need to get her race ready.

I know the shocks are still a bigquestion, but I'm thinking with both rebound and compression clickers I can get it close in OEM form.

I saw where there was a bar across the back so I'm figuring the harness will go right in ,

Will it be safe in OEM form ? I know the xp900 cages will crumple with the slightest impact, but the OEM Maverick and xp1k cages are decent from the factory.

It has thousands of hours of testing, it's pretty much a guarantee you can't crush that cage.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

Stock cage really only has to do its job 1 time. If it saves your life once, it has done it's job. It you want more protection than that, I would get a purpose built aftermarket cage for more strength. This is what I do every time I get a new car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well on all the rzrs the cage Osha specs are, I guess you can say "classed" as a small farm vehicle, like the original kawi mules and kubotas. To me, that means it's safe for sliding in to the culvert and landing on the side... I want more for jumping dunes at 40.

And IIRC in either the SNORE or the MORE rule book it said no cages in factory form will be allowed, with some additional supports they will be ok'ed but a custom aftermarket cage is strongly suggested.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Polaris literature doesn't even call their cage a "roll cage" for liability purposes .... they call it "cab frame" ... what a joke.

I don't know the wall thickness, but it's definitely thicker than Popo.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Polaris literature doesn't even call their cage a "roll cage" for liability purposes .... they call it "cab frame" ... what a joke.

I don't know the wall thickness, but it's definitely thicker than Popo.
Many of the manufacturers use an acronym such as ROPS, which stands for :Roll Over Protection System.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Htown Performance in Henderson, Nv will be getting my YXZ to build a cage. The stock cages don't need to be super durable. They serve the basic needs

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, none of us have ever had a bad crash , but with the experiences we had. The xp900 cage was pretty much dangerous from the get go. The 1000 cage tho was built a lot better and I would feel safe in one of those just adding a v bar to the front. (Not that familiar with Maverick, but they look awfully sturdy)
Im not worried about bending one in a roll over, I just don't want it coming back in on me.

I believe BITD says no bolts allowed (all joints must ve welded). and side supports with solid doors.

Not going BITD in this one. Just wanted to know what
All to line up , or order up.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts