Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking this in the General Discussion page because it seems to get a lot more action than the Roll Cage page, so my question is that I have a Krash Offroad cage coming shortly and was wanting to know if the stock 2019 roll cage bolts are sufficient enough for strength because I see some people suggesting to replace them because they are not grade 8 bolts and if so what size are they and if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2018 YXZ1000R SE, CageWRX cage
232 Posts
Not positive on the 2019, but the 2016-2018 cage attachment bolts (as viewed here). Are 10.9 which essentially the same tensile strength of a grade 8 bolt "in this application". Keep in mind bolts and nuts are graded for tensile and shear strength. Based on the expected loads in a roll over a 10.9 would exhibit similar performance to a grade 8 fastner.

I reused my bolts when I went from OEM to a CageWRX cage. After the cost of the cage, I would have replaced them if necessary.

On a separate note. Be very wary when purchasing fastners thru your local hardware or auto supplier. Counterfeit bolts are extremely common.

Nate

Reactions: darkjuju
1 - 2 of 2 Posts