Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for a Rotopax 3 gal container and mount. Setup is pretty close to $200 for roll bar mount rotopax mount and container. Found a setup for an ARTIC CAT for $136. Has a 1 piece mount for 1 3/4 tubing and a 1.75-gallon fuel can. Not 3 gal. like I was looking for , but better than nothing.
Getting ready for a Mammoth Mt. / Alabama hills ( Lone Pine) trip . Planning on at least 3 days at each place. Just waiting on a few parts to show up for the MH before we take off.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
327 Posts
Try and mount them in a safe place.
Imagine rolling it and let that be your mounting guide.

They scare me a bit. I have visions of rolling my car and gas showering the engine.
Be safe when using them - leaks, etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swyzr191 - thank you for the concern. I plan on mounting it on the right rear down bar of the cage. , on the inside of the tube. Somewhere near the rear. Keep the fill spout as high as possible. Will see when it gets here. I do have an aftermarket cage to work with.
Of the various options for carrying extra fuel - these seem like the most secure way to do it.
Next on the list is a fire extinguisher. I see that Wally World has some for a decent price . Plan on putting it in a bag style mount. I read that they are very user friendly . Although a quick release hard mount is not out of the question.
After that - spare tire / rim and carrier.
Now that I am retired -I have to inch up on everything. When I was working - BAM - all purchased and done with.Gives me lots of time to give everything a good looksee before purchase.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard that several sxs have burned due to roll overs and damaging the plastic of the container. When I carry extra fuel I make sure it is below the roll cage. Just something to think about. Iv'e seen a lot of cans mounted high.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Went looking for a Rotopax 3 gal container and mount. Setup is pretty close to $200 for roll bar mount rotopax mount and container. Found a setup for an ARTIC CAT for $136. Has a 1 piece mount for 1 3/4 tubing and a 1.75-gallon fuel can. Not 3 gal. like I was looking for , but better than nothing.
Getting ready for a Mammoth Mt. / Alabama hills ( Lone Pine) trip . Planning on at least 3 days at each place. Just waiting on a few parts to show up for the MH before we take off.
I mounted mine on the cross bar my spare tire sits on
7F65BC0B-77A5-4E88-8AF2-77EC036D67F5.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 YXZ 1000R SS
8 Posts
Just came across this interesting setup but only 1.5 gallon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts