Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started putting on accessories and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on where the best place to run wire seems to be. I (and I'm sure many others) am very particular about keeping the wire tidied up and out of the way so if you've found the best spots let's hear them!

·
Registered
54 Posts
As a general rule of thumb, I try to remove as much plastic as I can between the accessory and the wiring destination ( usually dash and/or battery ) and run the wire along frame members I can zip tie to. Any wiring the plastic doesn't cover I run in black looming so it doesn't attract as much attention. Anything that is a big electrical load I put on its own relay so I don't stress any of the vehicles systems. I'm installing an LED light bar this weekend. If I come across anything unusual or interesting I'll post it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please, this will be helpful. If possible can you post pictures of the brackets you are using for light bar.

Many thanks,

George

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a general rule of thumb, I try to remove as much plastic as I can between the accessory and the wiring destination ( usually dash and/or battery ) and run the wire along frame members I can zip tie to. Any wiring the plastic doesn't cover I run in black looming so it doesn't attract as much attention. Anything that is a big electrical load I put on its own relay so I don't stress any of the vehicles systems. I'm installing an LED light bar this weekend. If I come across anything unusual or interesting I'll post it.
I'm the same way, I run with conduit it the entire length and zip tie everything out of sight. I'm more looking for good paths to run the lengths. Haven't looked a lot at the YXZ electrical but I usually just try to follow the factory wiring.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Please, this will be helpful. If possible can you post pictures of the brackets you are using for light bar.

Many thanks,

George
I'm attempting a Tusk 30" light bar kit I found on Rocky Mountain ATV that is meant for a 2016 Viking. The tubing is the same diameter. I'm just hoping the mounting hardware for the roof doesn't foul up my plan. I should be tearing into it Saturday morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts