Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weller has her yxz and a few other big names, what are the specs they are seeing? weller said more then a xp1000 FI...........but what about the torque numbers...........wondering how it stacks upto the xp1 and the can am turbo and the turbo xp?? any more info or charts?

·
Registered
674 Posts
No one knows yet, but we were kicking the idea around. We were thinking somewhere in the low 90s, around 93 or so, but that's just a guess. This motor doesn't seem to be a torque motor, more of a screamer, where dogs howl, and ears bleed, LOL!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Alba get their hands on one yet? They are good about publishing their dyno's .. and they've been really honest and consistent over the years.

Reactions: jajl22

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know some have been waiting on the "official" horsepower numbers. At the 4:45 mark the Yamaha Rep says they don't officially release HP numbers but says it's around 111-112. I read on another forum that Yamaha will fully warranty the MPI Mountain Performance turbo kit ([email protected]) when installed at the dealer. Also, the YXZ pictured below in the video capture shows a winch factory installed. So maybe this means they engineered this machine for terrain other than "just the dunes and wide open trails". We shall see!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
"The three-into-one YXZ1000R exhaust is tuned for maximum power output and meets EPA/CARB regulations with a muffler mounted integrated honeycomb catalyzer and removable spark arrestor."

EPA/CARB regulations doesn't = maximum power output for sure. I'm sure an aftermarket exhaust will really wake it up. Should get it close to 100whp.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
"The three-into-one YXZ1000R exhaust is tuned for maximum power output and meets EPA/CARB regulations with a muffler mounted integrated honeycomb catalyzer and removable spark arrestor."

EPA/CARB regulations doesn't = maximum power output for sure. I'm sure an aftermarket exhaust will really wake it up. Should get it close to 100whp.
I think your probably correct. Add exhaust, reflash tune and intake and I bet we see around 130 hp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.