Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
weller has her yxz and a few other big names, what are the specs they are seeing? weller said more then a xp1000 FI...........but what about the torque numbers...........wondering how it stacks upto the xp1 and the can am turbo and the turbo xp?? any more info or charts?

·
Registered
674 Posts
No one knows yet, but we were kicking the idea around. We were thinking somewhere in the low 90s, around 93 or so, but that's just a guess. This motor doesn't seem to be a torque motor, more of a screamer, where dogs howl, and ears bleed, LOL!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Alba get their hands on one yet? They are good about publishing their dyno's .. and they've been really honest and consistent over the years.

Reactions: jajl22

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Alba get their hands on one yet? They are good about publishing their dyno's .. and they've been really honest and consistent over the years.
Not yet but they will have one soon enough. I saw and talk to Nate yesterday while looking over the one at Motoworld. So they will be on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
There's no specs that say this. Even the yamaha guy on video states 112hp at crank.
He actually said 111 to 112. I would like to see a spec that says 120. The guy who quotes 111 to 112 was a Yamaha spokes person as you said. Tim

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know some have been waiting on the "official" horsepower numbers. At the 4:45 mark the Yamaha Rep says they don't officially release HP numbers but says it's around 111-112. I read on another forum that Yamaha will fully warranty the MPI Mountain Performance turbo kit ([email protected]) when installed at the dealer. Also, the YXZ pictured below in the video capture shows a winch factory installed. So maybe this means they engineered this machine for terrain other than "just the dunes and wide open trails". We shall see!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
"The three-into-one YXZ1000R exhaust is tuned for maximum power output and meets EPA/CARB regulations with a muffler mounted integrated honeycomb catalyzer and removable spark arrestor."

EPA/CARB regulations doesn't = maximum power output for sure. I'm sure an aftermarket exhaust will really wake it up. Should get it close to 100whp.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
"The three-into-one YXZ1000R exhaust is tuned for maximum power output and meets EPA/CARB regulations with a muffler mounted integrated honeycomb catalyzer and removable spark arrestor."

EPA/CARB regulations doesn't = maximum power output for sure. I'm sure an aftermarket exhaust will really wake it up. Should get it close to 100whp.
I think your probably correct. Add exhaust, reflash tune and intake and I bet we see around 130 hp.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts