Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Really sorry to hear that Factory UTV Support racer and multi time Baja champ Marc Burnett burned two, yes TWO RZR XP4 1000's to the ground today. The ultra tough Burnett with his left foot in a cast was pre running for the Score Imperial Valley 250 at mile marker 15 when his basically stock pre runner car caught fire! They tried putting it out with fire extinguishers but that did not work and they had to sit there and watch the car burn to the ground. Ever the warrior, Burnett was not to be denied his pre run and returned to camp to get his race XP and complete the pre run in it. I'll let Marc take it from there... "We got to mile marker 37 and the car lost fuel pressure and died. My Copilot saw the flames in his rearview mirror first. He was screaming at me to get out of the car if you don't know I have a huge boot on my foot from my injury and it is a task to get into the car and out of the car with this boot. But when he said the car was on fire I could not believe it, two cars in One Day! WTF!! I jumped out of the car so fast and I had to crawl on the ground to safety because I couldn't walk." Thankfully Marc and crew were not seriously injured, but this has to be the craziest bad day story ever. Marc is one of the really good guys for sure and I'm sure he'll be back stronger than ever!

Vehicle Monster truck Truggy Car Tire

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow! At least everyone was ok and only replaceable "stuff" was lost.

I can only imagine how many tongues are being bit right now.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I hate to see anyone lose their toy(s), at least they both got out safely. Sometimes you have to stick with what works, the maverick may not have been the fastest but it gave them a championship.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad they got out safely. Hate to see this happen to anyone no matter the brand.

Seems this is posted everywhere except the RZR forums???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Driver error........................... we all know there has never been a Polaris that had an issue that was anything to do with Polaris....................( please read this with an extremely sarcastic tone)

Tim
Use your "sarcastic" tags: [SARCASTIC] [/SARCASTIC] ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, I guess it's to bad he didn't meltdown a 3rd rig..you could have shot off some fireworks..or maybe if he or his copilot had gotten burned just a little bit you could have baked a cake...I'm sorry for his misfortune .. And glad everyone's ok ..no matter what brand he drives

Duane

·
Registered
14 Posts
He shouldn't have been carrying those gas cans, in the back, over the exhaust pipe, that leaked and caused the fire, on both rigs.....no fault of Poolaris. Nothing to see hear, everyone move along.

·
Registered
96 Posts
He shouldn't have been carrying those gas cans, in the back, over the exhaust pipe, that leaked and caused the fire, on both rigs.....no fault of Poolaris. Nothing to see hear, everyone move along.
That made me chuckle !!!! Good one. Tim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts