I sold mine two months ago, when I first heard yamaha was coming out with a sport and had no idea what it was. I thought I would wait till next year to replace but I gots the FEVER!!! Especially when I seen what it was.
I couldn't agree with you more as far as the RZR Turbo being too expensive right out of the gate and minimum I would still have to buy a roof and doors!!! C'mon Polaris! I'm not in love with the YXZ, I had a great 3 years with my XP900, but the price for the Turbo is the big reason I'm going with the YXZ. However the more I read about the YXZ the more excited i am about owning one!Sold mine.
The guy paid cash and I'm not looking back.
The Rzr Turbo though improved is disappointing, the high price and it's stripped down condition is ridiculous. We got our deposit back.
The comparable equipped XYZ, (YXZ) will be $5K to $7K cheaper when the dust settles and we have the options installed we want. We have 8% sales tax out here and the Rzr dealers hit you with a $1000 ($600 / $400) freight and set up charge too.
And my take is before the $2000 premium most Polaris dealers are asking.
I'm not getting any of this non sense with the Yamaha.
Plus the Yamaha has full doors, a roof and respectable lighting right off the showroom standard.
The Rzr Turbo will have a terrible resale value IMHO.
If anything those customers will take a bigger bath when they sell them.
They are too expensive to begin with and the Rzr Turbo and it's options are a big price out as far as I'm concerned.
If the wife wants an automatic and their is a big rebate going and the dealer will discount them further,, we'll consider a Rzr turbo for her and my girls.
But for now,, the Rzr turbo just too damn much money and they arrogantly feel they will get it.
It stings already paying $21K for the XYZ (YXZ).
Jus' my rant.
Makes me feel better to convince myself of this.
My Rzr S never once had a full day of riding.
Spent most the season in the shop or on the back of the trailer.
The XP 1000 OK but the shocks gave a lousy ride, should have had more power and correcting the shocks would be $4500.
Nahh, no regrets, buying the XYZ (YXZ) cold turkey and have great expectations.
I have a feeling just juice it's computer and un-plug it and it'll be a screamer.
I doubt anyone will sell for pennys on the dollar.Ok, I know this is a Yamaha forum and I am exited about this new YXZ, but come on. I just don't see everyone dumping their RZRs & Mav's for pennies on the dollar.
Well said. I Bought a first model year sxs ONCE!!!... never again... when Im ready to upgrade I will see what Yamaha and Polaris have to offer at that time. until then I'm going to just enjoy the fun of my rzr...Ok, I know this is a Yamaha forum and I am exited about this new YXZ, but come on. I just don't see everyone dumping their RZRs & Mav's for pennies on the dollar, just because there is now a really cool 5 speed in town. I for one, absolutely love my RZR 900-s. Bought it new and plan to ride it, and enjoy it for years to come. If I had the money, I would own both. I'm so jealous of the guys that post they are doing just that.
So to answer the question, my RZR won't be going up for sale now. But I will continue to look at how this cool new YXZ shakes out, once people actually start riding them for a while.
That's awesome too hear, I should be picking mine up from Roseville next week, what is your plans on this build? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.Sold our XP1K last week, should see our YXZ by the end of the month.