Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with Joe from Fullerton Sand Sports at the show and he hooked me up with a new set of paddles and wheels for my YXZ. He suggested I go with the 26/14 STU #2 paddles in the rear which has an overall height of 27" to match the stock tire height. Up front I got the 28/14 STI Sand Drifter 3 Rib smoothies. This tire also actually measures in at 27" so they are a good match and will keep the gearing at stock ratios. I chose the Douglas Stealth wheels (14x8 front and 14x10 rear), but they are not yet available in the 110mm bolt pattern. Of course I got a smokin Sand Show deal on price and they are going to ship to my house right after the first of the month.

Can't wait for the first trip...

Reactions: Vital

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I talked with Joe from Fullerton Sand Sports at the show and he hooked me up with a new set of paddles and wheels for my YXZ. He suggested I go with the 26/14 STU #2 paddles in the rear which has an overall height of 27" to match the stock tire height. Up front I got the 28/14 STI Sand Drifter 3 Rib smoothies. This tire also actually measures in at 27" so they are a good match and will keep the gearing at stock ratios. I chose the Douglas Stealth wheels (14x8 front and 14x10 rear), but they are not yet available in the 110mm bolt pattern. Of course I got a smokin Sand Show deal on price and they are going to ship to my house right after the first of the month.

Can't wait for the first trip...
Nice. Should work good with your turbo set up

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will be out the weekend before Thanksgiving and stay thru Mon or Tues. Wash 13

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was there last night and today. Bert's had that exact setup on one of their YXZ's today, they said Fullerton came over and
put them on, looked great.
And Berts prices on them were good prices.
I think Fullerton Sand Tire is feeling the competition cutting into their business and they are finally getting a bit more aggressive and competitive with pricing.
I always deal with Fullerton and have a great relationship with Dave that goes way back.
Just get every quote in writing and hold him to it and don't expect them to follow through on any verbal specials.
FST tires and wheels are always first quality and the way to go IMHO.

·
Registered
674 Posts
And Berts prices on them were good prices.
I think Fullerton Sand Tire is feeling the competition cutting into their business and they are finally getting a bit more aggressive and competitive with pricing.
I always deal with Fullerton and have a great relationship with Dave that goes way back.
Just get every quote in writing and hold him to it and don't expect them to follow through on any verbal specials.
FST tires and wheels are always first quality and the way to go IMHO.
Totally agree. Joe owns the place, and Dave gets all the press, and gets to have fun when Sand Sports Magazine goes to Glamis, or Idaho, or Oregon. Great guys to work with!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts