Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody looked into seat and harness packages? I did some searching and I didn't see any seats available for the YXZ yet. Can the stock seats be used with a 5 point harness?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bs Sand will have one of my cars this week and will be making seats from it. They are second to none and a great seat to use.

Harnesses will work with stock seats. We are using Assault Harnesses and BS Sand seats

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have prp seat on order.There making a custom xc seat for the yxz.There regular one wont fit from what they said
I could be wrong but I believe the XC's they mounted in their YXZ are RZR seats that they just modified the mounting bases on. Anyhow the XC's fill the space perfect and are very comfortable. I have Twisted Stitch Vortex seats now. I like them a lot but think I like the XC better.

·
Registered
299 Posts
For every 1 sxs with harnesses there are 10 that still runs stock cage and belts. A stock belt can end up across your extremities in an accident just like a 4 pt. You don't hear of all these accidents causing problems because of a stock or riding up 4 pt.

If adding a sub belt makes you feel better, add one.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm sure the more places a belt is tied into the better, but I rolled the hell out of my cat with a 4 point and tried to drive off after the barrel rolls finally stopped. Got out of the car and that's when I realized how bad the wreck was. Wheels pointing in different directions, or not on the vehicle at all, parts all yard-saled everywhere. 4 points did quite right by me that day.

·
Registered
348 Posts
In my crazy day's.... I would roll my Honda odyssey on purpose side to side or end over end it had a four point harness now I was never hurt thank god but I did bend the roll cage a few times lol.

But the way I look at it today you can never be over protected :D

1 - 20 of 215 Posts