Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set of 4 FOX X2 internal bypass shocks for Yamaha YXZ 1000 SS Special Edition.

Taken off of a 2017 at the dealership with less than 100 miles

$1950 includes shipping
Automotive tire Dumbbell Motor vehicle Coil spring Red
Art Asphalt Red Font Automotive tire

·
Registered
864 Posts
Where are you located? Maybe it helps save shipping.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sold!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I did not pay the asking price. I feel I got a very fair deal in the end. These shocks are around $800 ea new and these were in perfect condition and true "dealer take offs". All are installed and going for a ride today to check them out and start dialing them in.

Reactions: roofintrash

·
Registered
864 Posts
After going for a ride, I am very happy that I bought these shocks. My rears had been revalved and a dual spring set-up installed. It was a radical improvement over stock, except it cost me significant ground clearance. They are leaking, so I have beat the life out of them again. (I do use shock covers) The X2s really feel great and just getting them dialed in. No loss in ground clearance and removes a lot of bottoming concerns. So yes, it was well worth the money and gave my aging toy some new bounce.....

Reactions: Salinedude

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think they are a definite improvement over the RC2s based on the seat of the pants. I really felt a difference in the front, but my rears had already been revalved and resprung by ADS shocks in Tucson. I did like the close similarity in performance between the custom tuned RC2s and the X2 at my initial ride and tuning effort. I really, really like recovery of my ground clearance and better resistance to bottoming that I feel with the X2s, yet they seem to offer excellent compliance. But then again, new shocks better feel better than ones with 13k miles on them. So just happy with the new feel and we will have to see long tern.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts