Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In our part of the world alot of the time we're on forestry roads that are crushed rock. And alot of that time that rock is shale. Shale = knife edges that love to eat sidewalls :mad:

I know Jeep sized tires, but don't know what I should be running to defend myself in my future Blue and White toy. I'll be in gravel, dirt, small boulders/river beds, less than 18" of mud, less than 18" of snow occasionally. What tire would you choose?

Discuss:

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is the tire I'm leaning towards. I've read on a few other forums that they have been performing flawlessly. We ride in a many different terrains here in southeast Idaho and need a tire that will be bulletproof and do well in all the varied terrains and I think this tire will do the trick. Reminds me of the Creepy Crawler that many peeps run on their rock rigs.

Moto Tire.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think finding a tire bullet proof to sidewall cuts is going to be a feat. I have run Pitbulls and Rocktanes trying to avoid sidewall cuts, and shredded both. I'm pretty much at the point of running them plugged until they can't be run anymore.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think finding a tire bullet proof to sidewall cuts is going to be a feat. I have run Pitbulls and Rocktanes trying to avoid sidewall cuts, and shredded both. I'm pretty much at the point of running them plugged until they can't be run anymore.
100% agree with you. I'm not looking for bullet proof (although I'll take it if I can!) I am looking for non fragile ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts