Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 yxz SS SE with the rc2 shocks. I am wanting to service them… change the oil and recharge the nitrogen… anyone do this themselves?
What kind of oil does it take? Process to change the oil?
How much nitrogen psi do they take? What’s a good end cap to upgrade to with a valve?

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
617 Posts
Following

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just have to say that after a number of different set ups on my rc2 shocks i decided to have revalved and heavier dual rate springs done by Weller and i finally have to exact ride i always expected to be able to achieve. Unbelievably better and i now can float over deep 3”-4” washboard roads like a cadillac 😎

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
617 Posts
He said service not a complete rebuild.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You are going to need special spanner wrenches to dismantle the shocks, I assume. I did for the Podium X2's. I have them for sale to anyone interested. I used Smitty Racing Suspension reservoir end caps with Schrader valves. I sold the shocks so I have the Fox Spanner wrenches I no longer need. They will save you money in the long run by rebuilding the shocks yourself. It is easy to do. I used Fox JM92 shock oil.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
617 Posts
You are going to need special spanner wrenches to dismantle the shocks, I assume. I did for the Podium X2's. I have them for sale to anyone interested. I used Smitty Racing Suspension reservoir end caps with Schrader valves. I sold the shocks so I have the Fox Spanner wrenches I no longer need. They will save you money in the long run by rebuilding the shocks yourself. It is easy to do. I used Fox JM92 shock oil.
PM sent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you know how much oil/ nitrogen to put in and the location of the ifp?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts