Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Interesting ! Would be nice to see some dyno sheets too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Interesting ! Would be nice to see some dyno sheets too!
I agree. Also, these companies need to put out more pics and video of real world testing/driving. I personally am going to wait a while to see who's turbo is the best/most user friendly/reliable before I spend any money on one.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's insanely awesome price !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, I like my YXZ enough as is to wait and research the best value/durability for a Turbo. :D

It's going to be hard! But I will try and wait - haha

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Alot of writing with not 1 picture of it installed. WTF is that. great price but they need to show us what it looks like installed!!!!
Is it really possible to get upto 250hp with a turbo kit WITHOUT doing any added engine mod's?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I hope Silber has stepped up their game for the YXZ. Their turbo kits for the Can Am Mav were turds...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alot of writing with not 1 picture of it installed. WTF is that. great price but they need to show us what it looks like installed!!!!
Is it really possible to get upto 250hp with a turbo kit WITHOUT doing any added engine mod's?
On the YXZ Addicts Facebook Page there was a couple of pictures posted.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just my $0.02 but you get what you pay for... we will not even install Silber turbo kits at our shop.

Nate
Alba Racing
...There you go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Silber makes some nice stuff for their sleds. They dropped the ball when they entered the UTV market especially with the XP900. But if you look at all their more recent designs especially in the sled markets with the KPA turbos, flashed ECU's, etc. they have been flawless. Its not always you get what you pay for, a lot of kits have very similar setups but figure their name implies they can charge an extra $1k-2k.

I ran a silber turbo on my PRO RMK and while the controller sucked (I won't ever buy a turbo with a dobeck box) I got a new controller from Boost-it and it ran great. No issues.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds good, just not sure how they want to control fueling under the boost with just re flash of stock ECU.
milos
They have been doing it on their polaris sleds with great results. Not sure what all they change, or if they add any additional sensors, but he started in 2013 using bullydog but last year and this year he gained more access to ecu's and now just flashes them direct, not requiring you to buy a bully dog.

·
Registered
314 Posts
They have been doing it on their polaris sleds with great results. Not sure what all they change, or if they add any additional sensors, but he started in 2013 using bullydog but last year and this year he gained more access to ecu's and now just flashes them direct, not requiring you to buy a bully dog.
Interesting, maybe those modern ECU have possibility to be expanded with additional sensors ....just thought. Hopefully will be more details about this kit later on.
milos

1 - 17 of 17 Posts