Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Veys power sports in Lemon Grove. They have an LE on the floor unsold. I'm waiting on Orange so thought I would pass this info along. I bought a Teryx from this dealer when they first came out and were the hot ticket. No pressure or b.s.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Our dealer the same.
2 unsold and everyone on the waiting list balked.

Even if you run lit whips or just simple LED lights you still have to install the alternator $700 + $300 labor + $400 extra battery kit + $300 dash switch panel. Shouldn't have to buy any of it.
The Recluse clutch even more.
YXZ just has a simple stator and that may be turning buyers off.
Yamaha suggests have the dealer install all and the warranty demands it.

Also the advertising videos may have been a bit over ambitious, but I think all brands ads are.

As the season approaches and the weather cools sales will pick up.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The alt is a simple install I've seen the directions and any tard could handle it. As for warranty I don't really worry about that

·
Registered
314 Posts
Honestly think people should put the light bar and light whip and try it, before they buy the alternator kit. Don't think the charging is a weaker than on Z1 and I know lot of people run those extras with it, not me I am simple guy. LOL
milos

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm struggling with waiting for Orange. $ savings & color are losing to impatience. Could be driving an ugly white,yellow & black one in 2 weeks or less.

·
Registered
29 Posts
whats diff from blue to orange ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
A lot of us on here can just walk in to the dealer and write a check for a YXZ.
Most people can't and they are expensive machines and these people have to finance them.
Then you add the few extras and it'll be another $100 a month added in the payment and that really hurts.
They can't do it.

I think just buy one, stick the key in the ignition, put a $10 flag on it and have fun.
The YXZ really doesn't need anything else (5 point harness is a must) and maybe most buyers will realize that.

The YXZ is fine right out of the box.

But $21.5 K plus T&L,, damn it's expensive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
$21.5 is rather inexpensive in the sxs world.

These machines are not just sitting unsold. Many are bought and the new owner is allowing it to stay for a short time. Some are not being sold and mandatory stay on the floor.
These things are the hottest selling UTV since the arhino back in 2006..... Don't kid yourself

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have 2 things to say about this.
One, I am fortunate enough to pay cash for one
BUT it's still excessive when I can take that same 22K and go buy a bitchen truck with A/C, sound system, killer lighting etc.
I am put off by the pricing but that's the price we have to pay for new and cool but I don't have to like it.
Second, every dealer in this local area would let you buy it but it had to stay in the store for a week as a show piece
Makes sense I guess...especially since I'm waiting for the ridiculously priced blue one:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 2 things to say about this.
One, I am fortunate enough to pay cash for one
BUT it's still excessive when I can take that same 22K and go buy a bitchen truck with A/C, sound system, killer lighting etc.
I am put off by the pricing but that's the price we have to pay for new and cool but I don't have to like it.
Second, every dealer in this local area would let you buy it but it had to stay in the store for a week as a show piece
Makes sense I guess...especially since I'm waiting for the ridiculously priced blue one:)
You make a good point. These prices are too high for what we're getting. For $22k you can get a nice used jeep with AC/heat or a nice truck and so on. Heck I sold my 2007 Dodge 2500 with 96k miles with a Cummins 5.9 with 20" rims and 35's for 24k and I could pull a house off the foundation with that thing. It's a little silly actually.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts